Application deadline EXTENDED to Monday, December 4, 2017.
PUBLIC VOICES GREENHOUSE
SUMMARY: The Public Voices Greenhouse is part of a national initiative, launched in collaboration with leading universities and foundations, to dramatically increase the public impact of our nation’s top underrepresented thinkers, including women. The program provides extraordinary resources, access and support over the course of three months, including cutting edge game-based and research-driven programming, and access to a prestigious network of participants at peer institutions nationwide. Emphasis is on thought leaders who are underrepresented in the public sphere, including women.
Loyola University Chicago 2018 Cohort Dates: February 2&3, March 2, and April 13, 2018
- Up to 20 participants, from diverse fields and backgrounds
- Three-month program, with extended follow-up support
- Three in-person convenings (1.5 day or 1-day) around thought leadership & knowledge
- Dedicated coaching and editing from top journalist mentors (weekly/regular)
- Monthly conference calls with senior media insiders (NYT, CNN, TED, Wikipedia)
- Ongoing access to our team of high-level mentor-editors, post-greenhouse (assuming renewal)
- Full Name:
- Title (as you would like it to appear in publications):
- Phone number:
- Please provide a 200 word (or less) professional bio:
- In 300 words or less, describe your expertise(s).
- In 300 words or less, describe why your knowledge is or can be of public value.
- In 300 words or less, why do you want a public voice?
- In 300 words or less, why is/are your voice and/or ideas underrepresented?
- Provide a bio or curriculum vitae of no more than 5 pages.
- If you are accepted into the program, can you attend all three convenings? (Only applicants who are able to attend all gatherings in full will be considered.) Y/N
- If you are accepted into the program, do you commit to write (with the support of the program) a minimum of two op-ed essays? (We expect all participants to make every effort to publish a minimum of two op-eds, and hopefully many more.) Y/N
Only complete applications will be considered; other supporting papers will not be reviewed. Applications are accepted via email send to firstname.lastname@example.org. To download a copy of the application, use the following link: LUC OpEd Application Form updated. Please use the subject line OpEd Project Application. Printed applications or letters will not be accepted. Please submit application and supporting documents by December 4, 2017.