Download a PDF of our FCIP Spring 2019 Programming
Ignatian Pedagogy Certificate
The Ignatian Pedagogy Certificate is a year long program open to all Loyola faculty, staff, and graduate students with teaching positions. The goal of the IP Certificate is to
afford faculty and staff personal growth opportunities and will empower them with innovative strategies that reflect the intellectual, social and spiritual context of learners today.
- Complete within 2018-2019 year
- Attend Fr Mesa’s presentations about Ignatian Pedagogy
- Attend 4 of 8 workshops about Ignatian Pedagogy
- Reflect on your reactions to workshops and other required activities
- Participate in at least 1 podcast discussion or write a reflection on a scholarly article about IP
- Participate in at least 1 community service project
- Design a workshop or program that incorporates the IP Paradigm
Online Teaching Course
The best way to become better equipped to teach online is by taking the Online Teaching (OTC) course offered by the Office of Online Learning. This course is comprised of two four-week classes:
- OTC: Design – In OTC: Design, instructors will learn how to design a course tailored to the online environment. Whether creating a course from scratch or transitioning an existing class to the online environment, instructors will learn how to plan a course, its materials, and its activities to ensure success online.
- OTC: Facilitate – in OTC: Facilitate, instructors will learn what it’s like to deliver a course in the online environment. From planning your interaction with students to choosing which tools to use for assignments and activities, OTC: Facilitate is designed to prepare you to confidently launch your course and work with students online.
Instructors may take either course as they suit their needs or as required by departments and programs. While it is recommended instructors take OTC: Design first, it is not a pre-requisite of the OTC: Facilitate course. To learn more and to register, visit our OTC page.
Ignatian Pedagogy Seminars
- Open to all faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- Enrollment in the IP Certificateis not required to attend
- In Person workshops offered at both the WTC & LSC
- Simutaneously streamed online
- Registration requested if attending in person
Teaching & Learning Workshops
- Online workshops
- Registration no required
Focus on Teaching and Learning (FOTL)
The Loyola University Chicago bi-annual Focus on Teaching & Learning (FOTL) conference is dedicated to the belief that as educators, we can grow and develop by learning through one another.
Teaching & Learning Community
The Teaching & Learning Community is open to any faculty, staff, or graduate students to meet and discuss ideas for collaboration, mentoring, and innovation.