GIGs: Eligibility and instructions
To be eligible for a Gilman Incentive Grant, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a Loyola University Chicago undergraduate student
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application
- Meet all eligibility requirements for the Gilman Scholarship
- Submit your GIG cover sheet prior to the GIG campus deadline (September or February)
- Email drafts of your essays as Word attachments to Lisa Knepshield prior to the GIG deadline
- Submit a completed and competitive application before the Gilman Scholarship deadline
- You do not need to successfully earn a Gilman Scholarship to earn a GIG, but you do need to submit an application to IIE.
- If you are currently studying abroad, you can still apply for a GIG if you meet all the above requirements.
- Students may apply for more than one GIG, but can only receive one $250 grant in a given year.