LeadNext: Ambassadors for a Global Future
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Are you an emerging leader with a commitment to addressing issues such as injustice, climate change, and inequity? Do you believe that global collaboration is important to our future?
Apply now to LeadNext: Ambassadors for a Global Future, The Asia Foundation’s fully-funded leadership program for changemakers aged 18-25.
LeadNext builds a vibrant network of future leaders from across Asia and the United States and supports their growth, impact, and capacity to address today’s greatest challenges.
A dynamic leadership training program
LeadNext promotes cross-cultural dialogue, trust, and cooperation among the next generation of global leaders with a commitment to effecting positive change:
- Virtual Leadership Training Intensive (Jan-March 2023)
- Virtual Masterclasses (March-July 2023)
- Global Leaders Summit (Week of July 17, 2023 in SF Bay Area)
- A cohort of 10 people from the U.S. + 10 people from Asia
LeadNext Fellows are dynamic emerging leaders from any sector with a commitment to creative approaches to addressing issues such as climate change, inequality, injustice, poverty, or other pressing issues. Fellows demonstrate outstanding character, integrity, and are respected leaders within their communities with an interest in cross-cultural exchange.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18-25 years old during program year
- Fully conversant in English
- Able to commit to attending ALL sessions with an understanding we are working across many time zones. Virtual sessions will take place in the mornings in Asia and evenings in the US for approximately 2 hours per session.
- Excellent listeners, show humility, and have ability to collaborate sensitively across cultures
- Applicants from the U.S. includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and DACA recipients
Candidates from Asia must be nominated by The Asia Foundation staff in countries where the Foundation maintains a presence. Please apply through the portal and we will forward your materials to the office in your home country