Loyola University Chicago

Fellowship Office

IIE is coming to Loyola

On Thursday, September 4, two representatives from the Institute of International Education gave an on-campus presentation on the Gilman Scholarships and the Boren Awards.

Gilman Scholarships are for undergraduate students to study abroad; you must receive a Pell Grant or other federal financial aid to be eligible.  Gilman Scholars also have a follow-on service project requirement.

There two kinds of Boren Awards: the Boren Scholarship, for enrolled undergraduate students to study abroad; and the Boren Fellowship, for enrolled graduate students for research abroad.  All Boren Awards are for study and research outside of Western Europe, with a focus on language learning; there is also a government service requirement.

Please note that these scholarships are for U.S. citizens only.  If you are an international student interested in scholarships, please contact the Fellowship Office directly.

For students who missed the presentation, check the links to each scholarship given above for complete information.  If you intend to apply, please contact us, and we can assist with your application.