Loyola University Chicago

Fellowship Office

Student Academic Services

Related Offices

Study Abroad Office

Given the international nature of most fellowships and scholarships, it is highly recommended that you contact the Office of International Programs and Study Abroad Office early in your educational career.  Students interested in applying for either a Gilman Scholarship or Boren Scholarshipare especially encouraged to contact the Study Abroad Office.

Loyola Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (LUROP)

LUROP administers all Loyola undergraduate research programs, which are designed to “enrich, enhance, diversify and individualize the learning experiences of our undergraduate students”. These experiences represent far more than a credential to add to resume, because they will help you to think more critically, to formulate new research ideas, and write in more informed ways when preparing proposals. LUROP is part of the Center for Experiential Learning.

Center for Experiential Learning

This office works with student employment, internships, service learning, and community-based projects.

Career Development Center

This office provides “guidance, support, resources and opportunities that help students and alumni implement their personal and professional goals.” We recommend you visit you their website to see what the Center may do for you.

Graduate School

The Fellowship Office is happy to assist graduate students (especially with regard to all Fulbright applications). However, graduate students should first seek information from Jessica Horowitz, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School, at the following contact information:

Dr. Jessica Horowitz, PhD
Assistant Dean for Student Services
Granada Center, Room 432
Phone: 773.508.2476

Graduate students who choose to apply for a major award, such as a Fulbright , and NSF/GRFP or other awards, may be eligible to apply for a Research Incentive Award for Graduate Students, much like the FIG awards for which undergraduates may apply.