The Joseph A. O’Hare, S.J., Postgraduate Media Fellowship
The O’Hare Fellowship is suited for recent graduates interested in successful careers in the Catholic media or other forms of professional journalism. O’Hare fellows receive housing at Fordham University, health care coverage and a monthly stipend for living expenses during the 11 months of the program.
The mission of the Joseph A. O’Hare, S.J., Postgraduate Media Fellowship is to support the next generation of writers for the Catholic media and other forms of professional journalism—print, video and audio. The fellowship offers three recent graduates of colleges or universities in the United States or Canada the opportunity to develop their literary skills and professional relationships while living and working in the capital of global communications, New York City.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors from an accredited, North American College or University within the geographical confines of the United States or Canada.
- If a graduate from Canada is accepted, then the necessary visas will be applied for at that time.
- Applicants must have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
- Applicants should be familiar with the Roman Catholic tradition and have some appreciation for the role of the Catholic media in the United States and Canada.
- Applicants must be willing to make a 11-month commitment to the program.
- September 1: Applications open.
- November 30: Early consideration deadline.
- December/January: Review of applications and notification of first round decisions.
- February 1: Final deadline for all applications.
- February: Final round interviews with finalists; fellows announced.
- August 15: Fellows move in to Fordham University at Lincoln Center.
- June 30: Fellowship Ends.
More information is available here: https://www.americamagazine.org/ohare-fellows