Financial Aid & Scholarships
Ralph Arnold Scholarship
Ralph Arnold was a former faculty member and Chairperson of the Fine Arts. He became an instructor in 1967 at Loyola and became a full-time professor in 1980.
In addition to his teaching, Mr. Arnold was an accomplished artist. His works were displayed in many private and public art collections during his lifetime. Today, the Ralph Arnold Gallery maintains his namesake to honor his legacy.
- Eligibility: This award supports a full-time or part-time junior or senior undergraduate student that is in financial need with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- Applications: Eligible tudents need to submit an application through the Loyola Scholarship Connection. Applications are now being accepted through April 15, 2021. Award will be announced at the DFPA Awards Ceremony at the end of the academic year.
- Monetary Value: $2800
Louise Gonska Scholarship
Helen Gonska established this scholarship in 1989 at the former Mundelein College, in order to honor her sister Louise Gonska. This award grants $1,000 annually toward tuition for any recognized sophomore, junior, or senior who majors in Fine Arts at Loyola University Chicago.
- Eligibility: Must maintain full-time student status at Loyola University Chicago and major in Fine Arts with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- Applications: Eligible students need to submit an application through the Loyola Scholarship Connection. Applications are now being accepted through April 15, 2021. Award will be announced at the DFPA Awards Ceremony at the end of the academic year.
- Monetary Value: $1,300
The Mellon Awards are available to Fine Arts Majors in their senior year at Loyola University Chicago.
- Eligibility: Eligibility is based on participation in Senior Exhibition and Senior Art History papers.
- Applications: Mellon Awards will be given based on the Senior Exhibit opening. Submissions are judged by Fine Arts faculty to be the "best" in Fine Arts major.
- Monetary Value: Variable; First, Second, and Third Place awards
To help make college affordable, Loyola offers a number of scholarships and assistance in applying for financial aid. We highly encourage our students to check out https://luc.academicworks.com/ as well as outside scholarship sites. Loyola also offers resources for navigating grants, student loans, and tuition & fees.