First Year Student Checklist
Transitioning into college can be many things for many different students. Please review this list below in order to best prepare yourself academically for your transition into your first Loyola Chicago University semester.
- Complete LUC Technology Road Map
- Confirm your placement tests/scores and incoming credits prior to registration
- Learn more about your major or explore options prior to registration and review the First-Year Registration Guide FALL 2022 and check over the Major/Minors and 4 Year Plans
- Register for your first semester at your assigned registration time; check your LUC and personal email for more information in the “Register for Your Fall Classes” email
- Get excited for University 101 course
- Follow First and Second Year Advising on Instagram (@lucfsya)
Things To Remember
- You don’t have to have everything figured out. There is time to change majors, add minors, pivot to new interests. Your first semester worth of courses will count toward graduation regardless if you make changes.
- UNIV 101 will allow you to understand LUC resources and opportunities. We want you to build your best unique LUC experience. You need to know what is possible in order to do that.
- Start off on your best foot. Build a schedule/planner. Have good attendance. Participate in class. Use campus resources. Interact with professors and staff members to celebrate successes and problem solve challenges.
- Understand you are the primary person responsible for your academic plan and progress. LUC has many supports and resources, but you have to engage with them so we can assist.