Undergraduate Women's Leadership Award
The Gannon Center for Women and Leadership, in conjunction with the Gannon Scholars Leadership Program, is pleased to announce the seventh annual Undergraduate Women’s Leadership Award.
To RSVP or for information about the Award Reception on March 16, 2020, please go to: GannonAward2020.eventbrite.com.
This award recognizes women undergraduate students who exemplify Loyola’s Jesuit values and the Gannon Center’s mission of fostering a more just world through leadership, research, and service.
Each year the Gannon Center selects one recipient for the Undergraduate Women’s Leadership Award. The recipient is chosen from a pool of nominations submitted by faculty, staff, and students and is based on an application submitted by the nominee.
The Award recipient will be announced at a reception on the evening of March 16, 2020. The recipient will receive a prize of $500.
Award Criteria & Selection Process
- The award is open to any currently enrolled woman undergraduate student. A student may not win the award more than once.
- Nominee must first be nominated by a Loyola faculty or staff member or current Loyola student.
- After a nomination is received, the nominee will be contacted and asked to submit a brief reflection on how they contribute to a more just world.
- Nominee must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- All nominees will be asked to attend the reception on March 16, 2020.
- All Nomination Forms are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2019.
- Nominated students will be contacted via email to complete the Nominee Application Form and return it via email to email@example.com by January 24, 2020.
- Nominations and applications will be reviewed by the Gannon Center Director, Gabrielle Buckley, along with faculty, staff, and student representatives.