Undergraduate Women's Leadership Award
The Gannon Center for Women and Leadership, in conjunction with the Gannon Scholars Leadership Program, is pleased to announce the awardee of the sixth annual Undergraduate Women’s Leadership Award: Melanie Minuche.
This award recognizes women undergraduate students who exemplify Loyola’s Jesuit values and the Gannon Center’s mission of fostering a more just world through leadership, research, and service.
Each year the Gannon Center selects one recipient for the Undergraduate Women’s Leadership Award. The recipient is chosen from a pool of nominations submitted by faculty, staff, and students and is based on an application submitted by the nominee.
The Award recipient will be announced at a reception in March 2020. The recipient will receive a prize of $500.
Award Criteria & Selection Process
- The award is open to any currently enrolled woman undergraduate student. A student may not win the award more than once.
- Nominee must first be nominated by a Loyola faculty or staff member or current Loyola student.
- After a nomination is received, the nominee will be contacted and asked to submit a brief reflection on how they contribute to a more just world.
- Nominee must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- All nominees will be asked to attend the reception in March 2020.
- Nominations for the spring 2020 award will open in late fall 2019.