Certificate in Instructional Coaching
Teacher leaders are crucial for the success of the entire school. Often they are not given formal training. This certificate aims to empower teacher leaders to support and guide their colleagues to improve teaching and learning through instruction, curriculum, and using information and data. This certificate will also focus on effective methods of leading professional learning.
Apply now for January 2021
In order to apply you must have...
1. at least three years of teaching experience
2. a valid teaching license or certificate in your state
Features of the Program
- All courses held online
- Four (4) Master’s level courses (12 credit hours total)
- A 1/3 mission scholarship from Loyola University Chicago is offered
- Nine of the 12 credits can be transferred to the Catholic Principal Preparation Program, an MEd in Administration and Supervision with IL Principal Licensure
- Fundamentals of Instructional Coaching
- Curriculum Development for Instructional Leaders
- MTSS for Instructional Leaders
- Foundations of Data
Please contact for more information:
Michelle Lia, EdD
Co-Director, Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education
P • 312.915.6925
E • firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of a Catholic educator cohort may apply for a 1/3 tuition scholarship. Additional scholarship opportunities are also available. To access these opportunities, you must have completed and submitted your application for admissions. Once that is complete, please submit a letter of application addressing the following points:
1) Identify any financial hardships that impact on your ability to attend the program.
2) Describe the other sources of financial support (use of Title funds, support from foundations, etc.) that you have sought to address the financial need.
Send the letter via email to
Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education
School of Education
Loyola University Chicago
Requests for financial support are reviewed by the Greeley Scholarship Review team. Letters of application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all available funding is allocated. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in order maximize the opportunity to receive funding.
This scholarship is renewable for the duration of the program to which you have applied, dependent on continued availability of funds. To be eligible for renewal of the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain status as a student in good standing with Loyola University Chicago
- Continue to make progress towards completion of the program to which you applied
As a condition of acceptance of the scholarship, you agree to maintain employment in a Catholic school over the next five years.