Certificate in Instructional Coaching
Teacher leaders are crucial for the success of any school. This certificate empowers teacher leaders to support and guide their colleagues to improve teaching and learning through instruction, curriculum, and using information and data.
The focus of the courses is a "grass roots" school-by-school coaching program in a Catholic, independent, charter, or public school.
Apply now for August 2021.
1. at least four years of teaching experience
2. teaching license or certificate
3. two letters of recommendation
4. personal statement
Features of the Program
- All courses held online
- Four (4) Master’s level courses (12 credit hours total)
- A 1/3 mission scholarship from Loyola University Chicago will support Catholic School Leadership program candidates in a cohort
- Nine of the 12 credits can be transferred to the Catholic Principal Preparation Program, an MEd in Administration and Supervision with IL Principal Licensure
- Optional, additional two-week summer course at Loyola University’s Rome Campus to develop global leadership perspectives
- Aligned to the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Schools (NSBECS) and Standards for Professional Learning
Certificate's Four Courses
- Fundamentals of Instructional Coaching
- Curriculum Development for Instructional Leaders
- MTSS for Instructional Leaders
- Foundations of Data
Please contact this program's advisor for more information:
Michelle Lia, EdD
Assistant Director for Professional Learning
Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education
P • 312.915.6925
E • firstname.lastname@example.org
W • LUC.edu/gcce
- 1-3 page Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose
Describe the following:
- What are your professional goals as they relate to curriculum and instruction in your classroom and in your school? How will instructional coaching support this?
- What life and/or teaching experiences have influenced your view of social justice?
- Teaching certificate or license
- Two letters of recommendation
Members of a Catholic educator cohort of ten or more are eligible for a 1/3 tuition scholarship. Additional scholarship opportunities are available. To access these opportunities, you must have completed and submitted your application for admissions. Once that is complete, please submit a letter of application addressing the following points:
1) Identify any financial hardships that impact on your ability to attend the program to which you have applied.
2) Describe the other sources of financial support (use of title funds, support from foundations etc.) that you have sought to address the financial need.
To apply for additional scholarship support, please submit a letter addressing the two points indicated above via email to Michelle Lia, email@example.com.
Requests for financial support are reviewed by the Greeley Scholarship Review team. Letters of application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all available funding is allocated. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in order maximize the opportunity to receive funding.
This scholarship is renewable for the duration of the program to which you have applied, dependent on continued availability of funds. To be eligible for renewal of the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain status as a student in good standing with Loyola University Chicago
- Continue to make progress towards completion of the program to which you applied
As a condition of acceptance of the scholarship, you agree to maintain employment in a Catholic school over the next five years.