The world needs more of you.

What motivates you? Maybe you want to enhance your job opportunities. Or work with children and families. Or help businesses compete globally. Or improve access to healthcare. At Loyola our degree and certificate programs are designed to suit your goals. Let's get started.

The Graduate School

The Graduate School,,

Quinlan School of Business

Quinlan School of Business ,,

School of Education

School of Education,,

School of Communication

School of Communication,,

School of Continuing and Professional Studies

School of Continuing and Professional Studies,,

Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health

Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health,,

School of Law

Stritch School of Medicine

Stritch School of Medicine,,

Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing

Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing,,

School of Social Work

School of Social Work,,

School of Environmental Sustainability

School of Environmental Sustainability,,

Institute of Pastoral Studies

Institute of Pastoral Studies,,

Enrollment FAQ

What is the application fee?

It’s free. Loyola University Chicago does not charge a fee to apply to graduate and professional programs.

Where do I send my documents?


 For quicker processing, all documents and application materials can be sent to gradapp@luc.edu. Printed documents may be sent to materials to:

Graduate and Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Lewis Towers, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611

*Please note, documents mailed to the above address may take 2-3 weeks longer for processing.


Can I submit official documents electronically?


 Electronic submission is encouraged as it saves time!  Your college/university may send electronic transcripts to us at gradapp@luc.edu. As long as the transcripts are sent directly by the school, they will be considered official. 


What do you mean by official documents?


Official means they are not sent by the applicant. Transcripts and transcript evaluations, and other academic documents, such as test scores (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) and letters of recommendation sent by email from the applicant are not considered official documents. To be considered official, documents must be sent directly by the college/university, evaluation service, testing service, recommender etc. Official documents may be sent to gradapp@luc.edu (preferred) or mailed to us at our mailing address, noted above.  


How do I let you know if I plan to enroll?


Log into your application status page at https://gpem.luc.edu/account/login


How do I check my application status?


Log into your application status page at https://gpem.luc.edu/account/login


Do I have to complete my application all at once?

No, you can start your application and save your information and log in later using your email address and password. Once all sections are complete, click “submit”. You may return and upload documents after submission.


What is the benefit of submitting my application before it is complete?


If you submit your application before it is complete you will have access to a checklist of all required material. It will allow you to see what is missing and what has been added instead of trying to remember.

Should I list all the schools I attended on the application?


Yes, you must list ALL institutions where you took courses for credit.

My recommender did not receive instructions for sending the letter of recommendation, what should they do?

Make sure they check their “spam” folder. If they still cannot find it, they can send their letter directly to gradapp@luc.edu.

How long does it take for a decision to be made after my application becomes  complete, where all required documents have been submitted?

Depending on your program, the typical wait for a decision to be made is 4 to 6 weeks from when your application becomes complete. Once a decision is made on your application, we will notify you by email.

What is the school code for GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and IELTS scores?

The school’s code for these scores is 1412.

International Students

What are your English Language requirements?


An official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score report is required for international applicants. Copies of scores are not accepted as official documents; we must receive test scores directly from the testing service. As minimum requirements vary based on the program, please refer to your program’s English Language requirement.  

This requirement is automatically waived for applicants meeting one of the following qualifications:  

  • U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
  • U.S. bachelor’s degree in progress or conferred
  • U.S. master’s degree conferred
  • Bachelor’s or master’s degree conferred by an institution in the following English speaking countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or Australia

What is required for International transcripts?


If you have non-U.S. educational credentials, you are required to submit your official education credentials (e.g., transcripts, mark sheets, degree certificates, graduation diplomas) and evaluation fee directly to any NACES member companies. The evaluation is not an English translation of the marksheets, but a separate document completed by an evaluation service which shows that the degree you’ve received or are pursuing outside the U.S. is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree or U.S. Master’s degree.

We accept evaluations from any NACES member companies including:

Educational Credential Evaluators, INC. (ECE)

Phone:  414-289-3400  
Request a General Evaluation with Grade Average, unless you are applying to the Quinlan School of Business. Applicants for these programs must request a Course by Course evaluation.                   

Educational Perspectives
Phone:  312-421-9300
Request a General Report, unless you are applying to the Quinlan School of Business. Applicants for these programs must request a Detailed Report.

World Education Services, Inc.(WES)
Phone:  212-966-6311

 *Please note: In addition to the transcript evaluation, you will be required to submit official copies of your transcripts as well. You have the option of requesting that your schools send them to either gradapp@luc.edu or our mailing address, noted above, but it may be more convenient for you to request either ECE or Educational Perspectives to send the transcript along with your transcript evaluation. Transcripts received from ECE or Educational Perspectives are considered official.

Unless the above mentioned qualifications for a waiver apply to you, both the official English language proficiency test scores and official transcript evaluation must be received before you can be considered for admission, per University policy.


Who do I contact if I have questions about required documents for international applicants, such as the I-20, visa, etc.?

Our Office of International and Student Scholar Services can assist with these questions at 773-508-3899 or by email at iss@luc.edu.


Enrollment Resources


Our Office

Graduate and Professional Enrollment Management
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Lewis Towers, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: 312.915.8900

E-mail: gradapp@luc.edu