International Applicant Requirements

English Proficiency Exam

An official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo score report is required for international applicants whose native language is not English. Copies are not accepted, and if scores are sent from applicants they will be added as unofficial scores; we must receive test scores directly from the testing service. English language test scores are valid for two years from the test date.

Quinlan School of Business 90 6.5 61 115
School of Law 95 7 75 125
Institute of Pastoral Studies 70 6 53 105
School of Continuing and Professional Studies 79 6 53 105
Health Sciences and Public Health 79 6 53 105
All Other Schools 79 6 53 105

The English Proficiency Exam requirement is waived for:

  • Applicants from Canada (except Quebec), the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.

  • An Anglophone country of Africa: Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, or South Africa .

  • An English-speaking country of the Caribbean: Anguilla, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Grenada, Jamaica, Antigua & Barbuda, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Guyana or Monserrat.

  • An English-speaking country of Asia: Hong Kong or Singapore.

  • Applicants who are currently completing or who have completed a bachelor’s degree or masters degree in the U.S. or at a recognized institution in the above countries at which the language of instruction is English.

Transcript Evaluation

The transcript evaluation is required of all graduate applicants who attended and received their degrees from any institution outside the United States. The evaluation is not the transcript, or an English translation of the transcripts; rather, it is a separate document completed by a professional evaluation service. The evaluation is a requirement as it shows that the degree received outside the United States is equivalent to a United States bachelor’s degree. This is a requirement that can not be waived as it is a university requirement. Do not request if it can be waived as it will not be approved and only cause delays on your application getting processed.

Loyola University Chicago only accepts transcript evaluations from any of the You must visit the website and select the appropriate evaluation for your program. Again, we only accept transcript evaluations from the if you submit an evaluation not on the approved list it will not be accepted. There are 19 evaluators that we accept transcript evaluations from.

For more information about the Transcript Evaluation, please visit any of the following sites:

  • SpanTran

    • SpanTran also offers assistance if applicants only have unofficial documents, they can assist with verifying those documents.

Please request that the evaluation be sent directly to Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management (GPEM) at

You should request that your chosen professional evaluation service send your transcripts along with your transcript evaluation. Transcripts received from these evaluators are considered official. Please note this is the preferred method to get your records to us.

Alternatively, you can request that each of your schools provide us with official copies of your transcript. Please have your schools send your official records to

Copies are not accepted as official documents, and if the documents are sent from applicants they will be added as unofficial documents; GPEM must receive the evaluation directly from the NACES member company. The evaluation is waived for applicants who have a U.S. bachelor’s degree in progress or conferred, or a U.S. master’s degree conferred, from an accredited U.S. institution.

School Specific Requirements

  • Applicants applying to the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing may submit an evaluation completed by CGFNS.

  • Applicants applying to an LLM or MJ program may submit an evaluation completed by LSAC.

  • Request a General Evaluation with Grade Average, unless you are applying to the Quinlan School of Business, to the Master of Education programs in Elementary Education and Secondary Education or to the Pharmacovigilance certificate. Applicants for these programs must request a Detailed Report or Course by Course evaluation.

For more information, please visit our page for International Students.