Loyola University Chicago features nationally ranked graduate programs in Biological Sciences, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, English, Education, Nursing, Public History, Philosophy, Social Work, and Sociology.
The Graduate School offers several nationally recognized biomedical sciences programs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bioethics and Health Policy, Cell and Molecular Physiology, Integrative Cell Biology, Medical Sciences, Microbiology and Immunology, Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, and Neuroscience. Additional research opportunities exist in interdisciplinary institutes and a state-of-the-art Center for Translational Research and Education.
Degree programs are listed here.
- The Graduate School has been the recipient of many prestigious and competitive awards focused on improving graduate education and professional training, including:
- The Next Generation Humanities PhD project, sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities aimed at transforming graduate education so that graduates can embark confidently on careers beyond the academy.
- Excellence and Innovation in Graduate Education Award from the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools and the Council of Graduate Schools.
- The STEM Master’s Completion and Attrition study funded by the Alfred Sloan Foundation.
- The Doctoral Initiative for Minority Attrition and Completion project sponsored jointly by the National Science Foundation/Council of Graduate Schools
- A TIAA-CREF/Council of Graduate Schools project on Enhancing Financial Education for Graduate Students.