History Blogging Contest
The History Blogging and Vlogging Contest, sponsored by the Department of History, gives undergraduate students the opportunity to gain recognition for excellence. Students whose entries are judged to merit awards by the History Department faculty will be eligible for prizes: 1st prize, $100; 2nd prize, $50.
2019 History Blogging and Vlogging Award:
for “Pirates and Sailors: A Deeper Look into the Unknown”
- Any current undergraduate History Major or Minor student at Loyola University of Chicago is eligible to enter.
- The blog or vlog should deal with a historical theme or topic; internship in an archive, museum, or history-oriented institution; or a subject of current or general interest. Any blog or vlog created for an undergraduate history course at Loyola in the past calendar year eligible.
- Students should submit the URL for their blog or vlog via firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information should be included in the e-mail submission: title, author's name and permanent address, course for which the blog or vlog was created, and semester in which the blog or vlog was created.
- Students who participated in a group vlog for a history class are also eligible to enter the contest. They should submit the URLS for five (5) of their best blogs for consideration.
- Blogs and vlogs will be judged on the basis of content and style. To qualify for an award, the entry must be accurate in grammar and/or spelling and must be clear in its organization and presentation.
Deadline for 2020 Awards will be posted in the 2019-20 Academic Year.
A committee of faculty reviews entries and decides the winners of the History Blogging and Vlogging Contest.
For further information, please contact any member of the faculty of the Department of History or email@example.com.