Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
No one likes to talk about the possibility of an accident but in reality, accidents are unescapable. These coverages help bridge the financial deductible gap for when those situations occur. This coverage does not require you to answer medical questions.
Faculty and staff enrolled in the PPO 3 HSA plan are automatically enrolled in employee-only Accident Insurance and $10,000 Critical Illness Insurance coverage, and may purchase voluntary coverage for their dependents and/or an additional $10,000 of Critical Illness Insurance.
Accident Insurance provides a range of fixed, lump-sum benefits for injuries resulting from a covered accident.
These benefits are paid directly to the insured and may be used for any reason: from deductibles and prescriptions, to transportation and child care.
The policy is also portable up to age 70 and enrollment in the plan can be done at any time throughout the year.
For more details about the plan, including information on age restrictions, rates and exclusions, please review the Plan documents on our benefit bookshelf.
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance provides a fixed, lump sum benefit upon diagnosis of a critical illness. These can include heart attack, stroke, paralysis, and more.
- Benefits are paid directly to the insured, and may be used for many reasons, from deductible and prescriptions to transportation and child care.
- You may choose between benefit amounts of $10,000 or $20,000.
- The policy is also portable up to age 70 and enrollment in the plan can be done at any time throughout the year.
- For more details about the plan, including rates, limitations and exclusions, please review the Plan documents on our benefit bookshelf.
MetLife Claim Forms
You have the option of submitting claims for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Group Accident
Please visit the MetLife Portal to start your claim online.
- Please enter Loyola University Chicago
- Select Register
- Please register using your personal email address (non LUC email account) and enter the demographic information requested
- Create Password
You cannot submit claims that occured in previous years to MetLife. All claims submitted to Metlife must be for events that have occured on or after January 1, 2024.