Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
Loyola University Chicago offers Accident and Critical Illness Insurance to all full-time benefit-eligible faculty and staff. This coverage is offered through Reliance Standard. No one likes to talk about the possibility of an accident but in reality, accidents are unescapable. These coverages help bridge the financial deductible gap for when those situations occur. This coverage does not require you to answer medical questions.
Faculty and staff enrolled in the PPO 3 HSA plan are automatically enrolled in employee-only Accident Insurance and $10,000 Critical Illness Insurance coverage, and may purchase voluntary coverage for their dependents and/or an additional $10,000 of Critical Illness Insurance. See "Premium Rates" in the Resources box to view monthly premiums for this voluntary coverage.
- Voluntary Accident Insurance & Voluntary Group Critical Insurance (the full details)
Accident Insurance provides a range of fixed, lump-sum benefits for injuries resulting from a covered accident.
These benefits are paid directly to the insured and may be used for any reason: from deductibles and prescriptions, to transportation and child care.
The policy is also portable up to age 70 and enrollment in the plan can be done at any time throughout the year.
For more details about the plan, including information on age restrictions, rates and exclusions, please review the Voluntary Group Accident Insurance sheet.
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance provides a fixed, lump sum benefit upon diagnosis of a critical illness. These can include heart attack, stroke, paralysis, and more.
- Benefits are paid directly to the insured, and may be used for many reasons, from deductible and prescriptions to transportation and child care.
- You may choose between benefit amounts of $10,000 or $20,000.
- The policy is also portable up to age 70 and enrollment in the plan can be done at any time throughout the year.
- For more details about the plan, including rates, limitations and exclusions, please review the Voluntary Group Critical Illness Insurance sheet.