As a result of the social distancing and shelter-in-place orders, state and federal legislative regulations have been established to cover telehealth services, including dental services. Delta Dental will cover telehealth claims for dental evaluations. This allows for a limited exam to allow dentists to triage their patients for emergencies, prescribe medications, refer for emergency care as needed, or to reassure the patient.
- Delta Dental PPO provides two levels of coverage as well as an option for out of network services.
- Delta Dental PPO participants are subject to annual deductible and benefit limitations based on the service level of the primary care dentist.
- Guardian/First Commonwealth (DHMO) only operates in the Northern Illinois/Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana area and participants must choose a primary care dentist first, submit this information to Guardian and have an ID card with the dentist name in hand before services are rendered.
- There is no annual deductible, and services rendered are not subject to maximum benefit limitations.
- If you decide to change your dentist you must first call Guardian/First Commonwealth at 866-494-4542. The change process takes approximately 20 days.
- An up-to-date list of the names and locations of participating dental providers may be found online: www.guardiananytime.com.
|Delta Dental PPO||Guardian/First Commonwealth (DHMO)|
|Through the Delta Dental PPO Plan, you choose your dentist.||Guardian/First Commonwealth is a dental managed care plan (DHMO) with its own network of dentists.|
To access the PPO Provider list, and to select a dental provider, please call 800-323-1743 or visit the Delta Dental of Illinois’ website: www.deltadentalil.com.
*There are different levels of coverage based on the PPO network.
Under this plan it is not necessary for you and your family to use the same dentist, but each dentist must be a member of the Guardian/First Commonwealth network. At the time of enrollment, you must decide which dental providers you and your family will use. An up-to-date list of the names and locations of participating dental providers may be found at www.guardiananytime.com. Note: Guardian/First Commonwealth’s dental network is available in Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana only, and the plan does not offer out-of-network benefits.
*If you decide to change your dentist you must first call Guardian/First Commonwealth at 866-494-4542.
Guardian First Commonwealth
Delta Dental PPO
Guardian/First Commonwealth DHMO