Purpose of Handbook
- This employee handbook is designed to provide you with important information regarding employment policies and procedures, salary and benefits, your responsibilities to your job, and Loyola services and facilities available to you.
- Please read the contents of this handbook carefully. This is one of the many channels of communication we maintain to create an enjoyable and productive work environment. Should you need further explanation of the items covered, contact your supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- The contents of this handbook are presented for information purposes only and supersede all former employee handbooks issued by Loyola. Loyola reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel, with or without notice, all or any part of the policies, procedures, and benefits discussed in this handbook. Additionally, particular situations may be governed by specific provisions of a policy or procedure, by plan documents established for particular benefit programs, or by other related sources of information. The Human Resource Policy Manual contains more detailed information regarding the contents of this handbook as well as additional policies.
- This handbook is applicable only to all employees at Loyola University Chicago (LUC). Employees of Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC) and Loyola University Chicago (LUC) who are primarily located at Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC) should consult with the (LUMC) Human Resources Department. For updated policy information, consult the Intranet portion of Loyola's homepage.
- The contents of this handbook are not applicable to the following groups of employees: officers, work study students, faculty whose salary is determined by the Committee on Faculty Appointments, part-time faculty who are not otherwise employees of Loyola, graduate and teaching assistants, fellows and others whose employment is a function of their degree programs, float pool employees, temporary employees, and employees covered by collective bargaining agreements where this handbook is in conflict or inconsistent with the terms of a contract.
- The progressive discipline and employee complaint procedures described herein do not apply to employees in positions at the administrative department head level and above (job classes 01, 02, 03, 23).
- This handbook is intended to give regular full- and part-time employees information on policies and benefits and does not serve as a contract between the employee and Loyola. Employment and compensation from Loyola are not guaranteed and may be ended by the employee or Loyola at any time.