Mental Health Support/Resource
Mental health is important. If you or someone that you are caring for are in need of mental health and wellness support, please utilize your Loyola Aetna medical plan, which covers you and your family members for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services, including substance use treatment. Additionally, you and your family can use utilize the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) free of charge at 800.456.6327. Additional information on both resources are provided below.
1. Aetna Mental Health Information
Your Aetna medical plan provides coverage to you and covered family members for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services and substance use treatment. You can locate behavioral health professionals who specialize in mental illness, addiction and other conditions such as anxiety, depression, stress, etc., by contacting the Aetna Concierge Line (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.): 855.586.6958 or access the Aetna online portal to search for a provider. Enter your ZIP code, select the number of miles you wish to search, and click "Search." Then you will be able to choose from a variety of categories of health care providers and facilities.
Additionally, with Teladoc, Mental Health Care with a therapist or psychiatrist is available by online video, mobile app, or phone – seven days a week (7 a.m. to 9 p.m. local time). Therapy visits are $0-85. Psychiatry visits are $0-190. Set up your Teladoc account to see pricing. Teladoc.com/Aetna | 1-855-TELADOC (835-2362) | or use the Teladoc smartphone app.
2. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Information
This program is offered at no cost through Perspectives, Ltd. and is available to all employees and their families. Assessment, referral, and short-term counseling services are provided at no cost. If a referral includes ongoing counseling for mental health or substance use, Perspectives will help coordinate the referral with insurance, as appropriate. A variety of assistance is available to faculty, staff, and their families, including:
- Individual counseling on a wide range of personal and work matters; including behavioral and mental health support
- Work-life services; and
- Wellness and educational material and resources
EAP Appointments by Phone: To schedule an individual appointment with one of Perspectives' licensed professionals, call 800.456.6327. Perspectives schedules appointments weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and has 24-hour/7-day-a-week emergency services.
EAP Online Resources: To access Perspectives online, please go to www.perspectivesltd.com. Username: LOY500 / Password: perspectives
- Learn more about Reducing Pandemic Fatigue resources, and checkout Perspectives' Chat APP Flyer that highlights different ways to connect with Loyola's EAP.
- As a reminder, the LUC.edu/coronavirus site has a number of resources available, including CDC guidance on how to protect yourself and a list of tips for managing anxiety caused by the spread of COVID-19.
- Learn more about COVID-19 related health, wellness and coping resources available through the City of Chicago.