Mental Health Support/Resource
Mental health is important. If you or someone that you are caring for are in need of mental health and wellness support, please utilize your Loyola Aetna medical plan, which covers you and your family members for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services, including substance use treatment. Additionally, you and your family can use utilize the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) free of charge at 800.456.6327. Additional information on both resources are provided below.
1. Aetna Mental Health Information
Your Aetna medical plan provides coverage to you and covered family members for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services and substance use treatment. You can locate behavioral health professionals who specialize in mental illness, addiction and other conditions such as anxiety, depression, stress, etc., by contacting the Aetna Concierge Line (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.): 855.586.6958 or access the Aetna online portal to search for a provider. Enter your ZIP code, select the number of miles you wish to search, and click "Search." Then you will be able to choose from a variety of categories of health care providers and facilities.
Additionally, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that these are uncertain and stressful times in our world. Faculty and staff covered by Loyola's medical plan have access to extra benefits through Aetna to help support good health during this challenging time. This includes all behavioral and mental health telemedicine visits having the cost sharing waived through September 30, which has now been extended through December 31, 2020 and extended again through January 31, 2021. More information at https://www.luc.edu/hr/health/covid-19healthresources/. Aetna's COVID-19 website also contains additional information.
As a reminder, the LUC.edu/coronavirus site has a number of resources available, including CDC guidance on how to protect yourself and a list of tips for managing anxiety caused by the spread of COVID-19. Additional emotional support resources are also available through Perspectives, our Employee Assistance Program.
2. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Information
This program is offered at no cost through Perspectives, Ltd. and is available to all employees and their families. Assessment, referral, and short-term counseling services are provided at no cost. If a referral includes ongoing counseling for mental health or substance use, Perspectives will help coordinate the referral with insurance, as appropriate. A variety of assistance is available to faculty, staff, and their families, including:
- Individual counseling on a wide range of personal and work matters; including behavioral and mental health support
- Work-life services; and
- Wellness and educational material and resources
EAP Appointments by Phone: To schedule an individual appointment with one of Perspectives' licensed professionals, call 800.456.6327. Perspectives schedules appointments weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and has 24-hour/7-day-a-week emergency services.
EAP Online Resources: To access Perspectives online, please go to www.perspectivesltd.com. Username: LOY500 / Password: perspectives
- Beginning December 2, individual counseling sessions will be available. Call 800.456.6327 to schedule your appointment. Note: Appointments are offered from 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday.
- Beginning December 3, counselor-led group sessions will be available. Registration is required. Sign-up via EMERGE.
- Learn more about Reducing Pandemic Fatigue resources, and checkout Perspectives' Chat APP Flyer that highlights different ways to connect with Loyola's EAP.
- Learn more about COVID-19 related health, wellness and coping resources available through the City of Chicago.