August 2019 Human Resources Updates
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Human Resources is pleased to provide updates and announce new programs and services for our Loyola University Chicago community. Please review the information below to learn more about how you can purchase tickets to attend an upcoming White Sox game with the Loyola community, prepare for November’s benefits Open Enrollment, and learn more about retirement planning courtesy of Transamerica.
White Sox Community Night
Human Resources and Alumni Relations are excited to announce a White Sox Community Night for the entire Loyola community—alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the University. We hope you will join us on Saturday, September 7, at 6:10 p.m. to watch the White Sox play the Los Angeles Angels. Tickets are available with an option to purchase a Patio Pass that provides access to unlimited food and drinks before the game. Plus, the first 500 tickets sold will include a Maroon and Gold Sox hat for purchasers. Learn more online. We hope to see you at the game!
Benefits Open Enrollment for 2020
The Open Enrollment period for 2020 benefit elections will take place through Employee Self-Service beginning November 1 and ending November 15. This is your annual opportunity to review and make changes to your benefits. During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Enroll in or change your medical, dental, or vision plans
- Enroll or disenroll dependents
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if enrolling in PPO 1 or PPO 2 medical plan, or the Limited FSA if enrolling in PPO 3 medical plan (re-enrollment in an FSA is required annually, but you can carry over up to $500 of your 2019 Health Care or Limited FSA into 2020 beginning this year)
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Dependent Care FSA
On-site biometric screening appointments and flu shots will begin in late September. In addition, both the Information Sessions and Benefits Fairs will take place in October and November. Please stay tuned as additional details about Open Enrollment for 2020 will become available in September.
Register for a Transamerica Get Ready to Retire Seminar
A Transamerica representative will conduct a Get Ready to Retire seminar on each Chicagoland campus starting in late August. The one-hour seminar provides faculty and staff members with an opportunity to ask a retirement counselor questions following the presentation. If you would like to attend, please register via the Transamerica website for one of the following seminars:
- August 22: IES, Room 110, 1–3 p.m. (Lake Shore Campus)
- August 27: Cuneo Center, Room 150, 10 a.m.–12 p.m. (Health Sciences Campus)
- September 4: Lewis Towers, Beane Hall, 13th Floor, 3–5 p.m. (Water Tower Campus)
If you have questions regarding any of these updates, please visit LUC.edu/hr.
Winifred L. Williams, PhD
Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer