Open Enrollment Begins Today
November 1, 2021
Dear Faculty and Staff,
The 2022 Benefits Open Enrollment System opens today (Monday, November 1) and continues through Monday, November 15. This is your annual opportunity to review and make changes to your benefits. Detailed information summarizing benefit plans and monthly premium rates are included in the 2022 Benefits Highlights Brochure, or you can learn more by consulting ALEX, an interactive online tool designed to serve as your personalized benefits counselor.
During Open Enrollment through the Employee Self-Service portal, you can:
- Enroll in or change your medical, dental, or vision plan options
- Enroll or disenroll dependents
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if enrolling in PPO 1 or PPO 2 medical plan, or the Limited FSA and Health Savings Account (HSA) if enrolling in PPO 3 HSA medical plan
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Dependent Care FSA
- A reminder that re-enrollment in the FSA is required annually, but you have unlimited carryover of unused balances for the Health Care, Limited Purposes Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs from 2021 to 2022 because of special COVID-19 provisions adopted in 2021. Plan carefully to ensure you do not forfeit any funds at the end of the 2022 reimbursement period, as this unlimited carryover provision does not apply to 2023.
All Open Enrollment changes need to be completed in the Employee Self-Service portal by Monday, November 15 in order to be effective January 1, 2022. Even if you decide not to make any changes to your benefits, you should complete the online Open Enrollment process to avoid the Tobacco Premium and Spousal/LDA Premium, if applicable. For your reference, the Employee Self-Service portal should be used within a Google Chrome or Safari browser.
Register for a 2022 Benefits Open Enrollment Information Session
Have questions about your benefits or 2022 Open Enrollment? If yes, please consider attending an informative information session that will provide an overview of our benefits offerings. The one-hour webinar provides faculty and staff members with an opportunity to ask benefits-related questions following the presentation. If you would like to attend, please register via the below link:
If you are unable to join us for an information session, you can review the slide deck from the information session at LUC.edu/hr/openenrollment/.
Thank you for your thoughtful review of this information. If you have questions regarding benefit offerings or open enrollment, please visit LUC.edu/hr/openenrollment/ or contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 312-915-6175.