COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Loyola University Chicago is committed to creating and supporting a healthy and safe campus experience for everyone. Given the medical efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines, and in response to current pandemic related events, vaccination or the approval of a qualified exemption is required for full-time and part-time Faculty and Staff.
Specifically, as announced on July 29, Loyola’s vaccine compliance program aligns with pandemic related guidance from both the Illinois Board of Higher Education and the Illinois Community College Board. Subsequently, to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while simultaneously creating and promoting a healthy campus experience for everyone, all Faculty and Staff are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccine by Tuesday, September 21. Alternatively, if you seek a qualified medical or religious exemption, requests must be sent by Friday, August 13 for review and follow-up based on University policy and/or regulatory laws. Additional information is available below.
An exemption request is contingent upon review and University decisions are final. Additionally, if an exemption is not granted, receiving the COVID-19 vaccination is required. A Request for Vaccination Exemption Form should be completed, and submitted along with the appropriate documents supporting a medical or religious exemption to EmployeeImmunizations@luc.edu.
- Medical Exemptions must meet CDC-defined contraindications specifically for the COVID-19 vaccine. You will need to submit medical certification from your healthcare provider as identified in the Request for Vaccine Exemption Form. As a private institution, Loyola reserves the right to comprehensively evaluate religious exemption requests, which requires a signed written statement from the employee that should be included with your Request for Vaccine Exemption. Additionally, as required by the State of Illinois, the request must include a response to each item below:
- An explanation of the reason for exemption in your own words that is based on an identifiable religious tradition and/or established interpretation of principles of faith.
- A statement that the faculty/staff member is aware they may be prohibited from campus in the case of a vaccine preventable outbreak or exposure.
If you need to receive the vaccination, numerous locations are available across the Chicagoland area. Explore more information online to sign-up for an appointment.
Once you are fully vaccinated, proof of vaccination information can be submitted online or via the Loyola Health function of the Loyola mobile app by Friday, August 6.
If you have a question about Loyola’s vaccine mandate, including inquiries about a qualified exemption, please email EmployeeImmunizations@luc.edu.
In follow-up to the announcement about the COVID-19 Booster vaccine mandate, all Faculty and Staff are required to receive the COVID-19 Booster vaccine. After receiving the vaccine, individuals must upload their vaccine information to the LUC Health App.
LUC Health App
Prior to uploading your COVID-19, Booster, and/or Flu vaccine information to the LUC Health App, please confirm that your documentation (i.e., vaccine card) includes the following information, as necessary:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Type of Vaccine (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, etc.)
- Lot Number
- Date of Vaccination
- Site Location or Signature of Vaccine Administrator
- If you are missing your full name, date of birth, site location, or type of vaccine, please update your vaccine card before submitting (Important Note: Please add only PDF, JPEG, JPG, JPNG or DOCX, MOV files. We are unable to open HEIC and TEXT files).
- If you are submitting documentation that is not a CDC Vaccination Record Card, please be sure that your paperwork/summary/discharge sheet shows the same vaccine information listed above and notes the vaccine with the lot number, date, and location.