Lactation Space Information
Lactation Space Information - Faculty and Staff Nursing Mothers
Nursing mothers have access to the on-campus lactation spaces listed below.
- Each department is responsible for providing the necessary accommodation for any request made within their area.
- Departments must make reasonable efforts to provide a room or other private location, in close proximity to the work area.
- The room should be clean and provide a chair, table, electric outlets, and a door with a lock. A bathroom stall is not an acceptable private location.
Additional information regarding the Illinois Nursing Mothers in the Workplace Act, please visit the Illinois General Assembly.
Water Tower Campus
- Human Resources (Lewis Towers, Room 827) - 8:30AM - 4:30PM CST; preference is by appointment. Please email lactationrm-WTCLT827@luc.edu to reserve a time via Outlook calendar and call 312-915-6175 to confirm.
- Corboy Law School, 25 E. Pearson, Room 1085 (If possible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange use of the room).
- Schreiber Center, 16 E. Pearson, Room 315 (Personal Health Room).
- Maguire Hall, 1 E. Pearson, Room 427 (If possible, contact email@example.com to arrange use of the room).
Lake Shore Campus
- Human Resources (Granada Center, Room 270) - 8:30AM - 5:00PM CST; preference is by appointment.
- Sullivan Center (basement; stop by the HUB front desk for the key).
- Damen Student Center (3rd floor - 8:30AM - 5:00PM CST).
Health Sciences Campus
- Cuneo 440C (Located behind a set of double-doors—specifically, near the service elevator in the southwest corner)
- For additional consultation, contact your Human Resources Business partner or the Office of Human Resources at 312.915.6175.
Loyola University Chicago will make every effort to provide the appropriate accommodation for faculty and staff who need to utilize this benefit.