Loyola University Chicago is committed to providing you with the resources and information necessary to assist you with making informed decisions.
Please visit the resources below for additional information on your current benefits, and the status of those benefits after retirement. We have also provided helpful links to important Medicare information that you will need to become familiar with - as you consider retirement:
- Retirement Checklist - Handy to-do-list with a suggested timeline of the steps that should be taken as early as 90 days prior to retirement thru 60 days post-retirement.
- Retirement Vendor Information - Information regarding your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (DCRP) and also the LUERP pension plan.
- Online Forms - Various forms may be found in this section for use by our retirees including claim forms, enrollment forms, address updates, computing and email agreement form.
For additional information regarding retiree privileges, ranging from the continuation of your library privileges, continued access to your Universal computing ID (UVID), and /or your LUC.edu email account after retirement, please see your Human Resources Manager for details.
- Certificate of Creditable Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare Basics - Contains information regarding types of Medicare coverage, including cost, along with how and when to enroll in a plan.
- Medicare & You Handbook—Official government handbook with detailed information explaining the Medicare insurance program.
Additional Helpful Resources - Reference guide of useful phone numbers and web URL’s that you may find helpful as you work through your retirement process.
Loyola University Chicago recognizes the loyalty and the continuing contributions of its retired faculty and staff members. Working in collaboration with Faculty Administration, Human Resources, and the Provost’s office, Loyola continually seeks to maintain a list of privileges that are available to retired faculty and staff members.
- Privileges—including library and LUC.edu email access—are granted to any retired faculty or staff member that is at least 60 years of age and has completed 10 or more years of continuous full-time service with Loyola University Chicago, immediately prior to their retirement date.
For more information on these privileges or to request the privileges form, please contact Human Resources at 312.915.6175 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.