Go Move Challenge
The 12th Annual Go Move Challenge starts on Feb. 1, 2024!
Human Resources is excited to announce Loyola's participation in the annual Go Move Challenge from February 1 - 29! To register for the Go Move Challenge, please visit https://gomovechallenge.org, and click the yellow “Log In/Register” button at the top of the page.
Throughout February, faculty and staff record their minutes of movement to determine which Jesuit institution is the most active. We define movement as any intentional exercise that causes at least a moderate increase in breathing or heart rate.
- The Jesuit institution that accumulates the most minutes by the end of the challenge wins the challenge.
Check out the Go Move Challenge YouTube Video!
Go Move Challenge participants are encouraged to share their experience. Feel free to submit and tag your exercise photos using the #GoMoveChallenge hashtag on social media and indicate you are representing Loyola University Chicago by also using the hashtag #LoyolaChicago.
Loyola University Chicago will give the three participants with the most minutes logged throughout the entire university wellness gift baskets! These baskets will include various self-care and health related gifts.
The Go Move Challenge begins at 12:00AM (Pacific Time) on February 1 and ends at 11:59PM (Pacific Time) on February, 29, 2024.
- Eligibility: All full-time and part-time faculty and staff from any Jesuit university that has registered in advance can participate in the Go Move Challenge. Each participant must create a new account using their valid university email address (www.GoMoveChallenge.org) even if they participated last year.
- Minute Record: Participants can record their minutes an unlimited number of times online. Only the participant can record their own minutes online.
How to Win
There are four ways to win:
- The university with most minutes
- The university with the highest average number of minutes per participant
- The region with the most minutes.
- The three people with the most logged points for Loyola University Chicago.
The winning institutions will be announced on the www.GoMoveChallenge.org website and through the Go Move social media sites.
How to Log Minutes
Beginning February 1, Go Move Challenge participants can record minutes online: www.GoMoveChallenge.org
- Select the “LOG IN / REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “LOG IN” box, enter your email address and password
- In the “LOG MY WORKOUT” box, select the type of activity, add an activity description, enter the number of minutes, and select a single date or date range for logging multiple days. Participants can use their mobile device to log minutes on the go!
- Select the “LOG IT” button when finished
- There is no limit to how many times you can log minutes each day
Participants cannot submit minutes after the Go Move Challenge ends on February 29.
Read more about the Go Move Challenge FAQs here.