Rome Start Forms
This checklist serves as a guide for Rome Start students prior to their arrival in Rome. Each student is responsible for submitting all forms or documents listed on the checklist in a timely fashion.
- Apply for Italian Student Visa (by mid-May): Once you have made a visa application appointment at your local consulate, please email Anna Carlson, Assistant Director of Admission, at email@example.com. Include in e-mail 1.) Name of consulate where applying 2.) time and date of appointment.
- Housing contract or housing exemption form (by June 1): Housing assignments will be announced by the end of July. Failure to submit the housing contract by June 1 may result in a delayed housing assignment.
- Complete all placement exams (by July 1): Instructions on how to access the placement exams will be sent via e-mail together with your course registration appointment details.
- Final high school transcript, AP/IB scores (by July 15): Before you can begin classes, Loyola must have a copy of your final high school transcript on file. If you wish to receive credit for any AP or IB courses, you must also send your exam results.
- Register for classes (Mid-July): You will receive an email by the end of June regarding your course registration appointment time and date.
- Copies of:
- The identification (photo) page of your passport: All passports must be valid at least six months beyond the end date of the Rome Start program.
- The Italian student visa affixed to your passport (if applicable): All Rome Start students holding a non-European Union passport are REQUIRED to obtain an Italian student visa before coming to study in Italy.
- Proof of health insurance: All Rome Start students are required to have health insurance that covers them while living in Italy. A photocopy of your insurance card will suffice as proof of insurance.
Scanned copies of these documents should be e-mailed to Anna Carlson (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 1.
Rome Start Forms
Completed forms should be sent to Anna Carlson (email@example.com) no later than August 1.