The Benefits of a Loyola Education
- A tradition of rigorous education dating back to 1870. We don't just prepare students for a career, we prepare them for life in our diverse modern world.
- Join a community of students from all faiths—and 82 different countries.
- More than 80 undergraduate majors and more than 80 minors to choose from.
- 1,100 full-time staff members, 40 part-time staff members, and 650 full-time faculty members.
- Small class sizes whether in Chicago or Rome—an average class size of 30, with a typical student-to-teacher ratio of just 15:1.
- Gain a globally respected and US accredited bachelor's degree.
- Options to study interdisciplinary programs and five-year bachelor's/master's programs.
- US News & World Report consistently ranks Loyola a top national university and a 'best value'. The Princeton Review hails us as one of the best schools in the US.
The Benefits of Rome Start
- Open to students currently at high school outside the US and to US high school students with demonstrated international interest—admission to Rome Start includes admission to Loyola University Chicago.
- A year in Rome is an ideal introduction to Loyola and a perfect preparation for your further three years of study in Chicago.
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to add an invaluable global perspective to your education.
- Join a small community and start building productive relationships with faculty and fellow students from around the world—including more advanced students who are in Rome for a semester.
- When in Rome...underpin your degree with a liberal arts and sciences foundation studied in one of the birthplaces of history, culture and learning. (You have two years to explore options before declaring a major).
- Immerse yourself in challenging, interesting and relevant coursework covering the natural sciences, humanities, fine arts, business, and more.
- Spend time focusing on English language and composition skills that will stand you in good stead for your further degree studies.
- Live and learn in our secure, fully serviced campus environment located in an exclusive neighborhood just outside Rome City center.
- Complement your studies with tours of the Eternal City's famous monuments, nights out at the opera, visits to the Vatican, traditional Italian dining, and so much more.