Loyola University Chicago

International Student and Scholar Services

Prospective Students

The Office for International Programs (OIP) assists international students with immigration documents, but it does not admit international students. To attend Loyola University Chicago, you must first be admitted through one of Loyola's admission offices.

For information about admission requirements, tuition and program offerings, visit the appropriate admission office:

All new F-1 and J-1 international students need a Loyola University Chicago certificate of eligibility Form I-20 or DS-2019. Students need this document to apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa, to transfer to Loyola in F-1 or J-1 status, or to change their status to F-1 or J-1. After being admitted to a Loyola program, OIP will process your I-20 or DS-2019. If you have questions about the status of your immigration documents, please contact us.


Students switching to F-1 status from F-2 or B1/B2 status: you cannot begin your studies before your change of status has been approved.

Students switching to F-1 status from any other status besides B1/B2: You may begin your studies before applying for change of status and while your application is pending.

For more information, see Changing Status to F-1.

Transfer Students

If you are transferring to one of Loyola's programs, click here to learn more about the transfer procedure.