New Student Orientation
Immigration Check-In is a short 15 minute procedure for you to report to the U.S. Immigration services that you are present and ready to start your studies at LUC. This is a mandatory step after you arrive. Immigration check-in will only be held during designated times at the Lake Shore Campus, Sullivan Center, Room 206.
To check-in, please bring the following documents:
- U.S. Visa page
- I-20 (for F-1) or DS-2019 (for J-1) issued by Loyola University Chicago
- All previous I-20s or DS-2019s (if applicable)
- I-94 (retrieve from the CBP Website)
The times for Fall 2019 Immigration Check-In are:
- Monday, August 19 from 1pm - 4pm
- Tuesday, August 20 from 9am - 12pm
- Thursday, August 22 from 1pm - 4pm
- Friday, August 23 from 9am - 12 pm
Students are welcome to complete their immigration check-in during any of the times listed above; however, immigration check-in MUST be completed during the week of August 19th.
The International Student and Scholar (ISS) Orientation is a separate orientation event mandatory for incoming F-1 and J-1 students.
Orientation times and dates will be released shortly; until then, here is a preview of the topics that wil be reviewed during orientation:
- Immigration Compliance
- Health and Wellness
- Academic Integrity and Support
- Getting Settled in Chicago
- Global Engagement Programs
- Undergraduate Student Panel and Support
- Graduate Student Panel and Support