Student & Scholar Tax Return
As an international student or scholar in the US you are obligated to file a US tax return during your stay. Understanding the US tax system and filing a tax return is an overwhelming and confusing experience for any student.
That’s why, to make things easier for you, Loyola University Chicago has teamed up with Sprintax - an online tool specifically designed for international students and scholars which helps you prepare your Federal and State return in less than 20 minutes!
Why should you file a Tax return?
- The most important reason to file a return is that it is a legal requirement of the United States. Failing to file may impact the status of your current visa and make future US visa applications difficult.
- Avoid penalties – If you miss the April 18th deadline you may face late filing penalties. Filing prior to this date prevents this, so the earlier you file, the better.
- You may be owed a tax refund – most international students filing a tax return are due a tax refund for overpaid tax. The average refund is $800 - $1000. It’s worth checking if you are due a refund.
Get Started With Sprintax
1) Register here (Use Loyola code: 22LUC200F)
2) Complete each section
3) Sprintax will prepare your tax return
4) It will be available for download in your online account.