Welcome to Sakai
Sakai is Loyola University’s online learning management system. It is a collaborative platform for Loyola faculty, staff, and students to interact and support teaching and learning activities. Sakai offers tools for university courses, research projects, organizations, and groups. Instructors at Loyola use Sakai as an extension of their classes – a place to access the class syllabi, handouts, assignments, notes, take online quizzes or tests, and view your grades. Sakai also provides opportunities for students to interact through class discussions, wiki posts, and more.
2. Enter your Loyola UVID and password to access your Sakai account. To reset your password, please visit Password Self-Service.
Recommended Web Browser
Use the latest versions of Firefox (Mozilla), Safari (Apple), Chrome (Google), or IE 9 (Microsoft Internet Explorer). Sakai does not work with IE 7 and earlier, or with Firefox 10 and earlier. For more information, visit Browser Support FAQ or the Sakai Project Browser Support Page
NOTE: Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer recently added a security feature that results in some video content not displaying. If you are not able to view video content in Sakai, visit Allowing Blocked Content in Sakai for additional assistance.
Assignments - How to view and submit assignments.
Please Note: Once an assignment is submitted, you should receive an email notification from no-reply@sakai confirming your assignment submission time, date, and ID. Please retain this email for your records.
Tests and Quizzes - How to view and submit a test or quiz.
Please Note: If you are taking a timed test or quiz, once you begin the assessment you must complete it fully. There is no option to pause or return to the test later as the timer will continue to run once the assessment has begun. The assessment will auto-submit once the time limit has been reached, regardless of whether or not all questions have been answered.
Best Practices for Taking Online Tests: To minimize the possibility of losing an internet connection when taking an online test:
- Take your test on a computer with a wired connection (LUC lab computer) or a reliable wireless connection (LUC wireless, home wireless).
- Take your test with only one browser window open.
- Use a browser that is supported by Sakai.
- If you experience any difficulty with accessing or completing your test contact your instructor immediately.
- If you are taking the test on a device you own, your personal desktop or laptop, make sure your device is functioning correctly before taking the test. You are responsible for maintaining your own equipment.
Lessons - How to view and navigate through lessons.
Please Note: Your instructor may have renamed the lessons tool to better fit the needs of the course, such as Modules, Units or Weeks.
Wiki Pages - How to view Wiki pages.
Drop Box - How to share files with your instructor using the Drop Box tool (may not be available in all courses).
Forums - How to view and post to discussion topics within course forums, and how to reply to conversations in progress.
Messages - How to view received, sent, and deleted messages in Sakai.
Blogs - How to create blogs in Sakai.
For More Help
You can email email@example.com or contact the Technology Support Center at 8-4ITS (on campus) or 773-508-4ITS (off campus) from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.