ITS Strategy: Loyola Digital Experience
The next LUC technology strategy is being developed. Programs associated with the Loyola Digital Experience (LDE) are branded with the following logo that symbolizes the most desired outcomes of the strategy:
"Loyola Digital Experience" has three themes or elements*:
1. Foundational: Delivering the Next Best Experience for Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Architecture and Infrastructure
- Identity and Access Management
- Single Sign On
View our LDE Foundational (PDF) diagram that shows the individual project timelines for LDE Foundation: Collaboration and Security Program consolidated into one timeline view.
2. Transformational: Leveraging Data, Dashboards, Digitization, Innovation.
- Data Warehouse; Business Intelligence
- Decision Support Systems
- Internet of Things (administrative)
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Augmented/Virtual Reality (academic)
View our LDE Transformational (PDF) diagram that shows the individual project timelines for LDE Transformation consolidated into one timeline view.
3. Consumable Experience: Creating a “Simple, Secure, Seamless” Loyola Experience.
- Combining old stuff; Exploiting new stuff -> Enabling better experiences
- Device independent
- Anytime Anywhere Access
- “Virtual Portal”
View our LDE Consumable (PDF) diagram that shows the individual project timelines for LDE Consumable Experience consolidated into one timeline view.
*Subject to adjustment based on priorities of next University strategic plan