Departments and Services
Information Technology Services (ITS)—Susan Malisch VP/CIO
We fulfill the Loyola mission by contributing skilled technological expertise and service, providing secure, reliable information and resources, in professional and collaborative consultation. Information Technology Services will serve as a partner and leader for technology needs and initiatives to enhance learning, teaching, research, and operations for Loyola University Chicago, higher education, and technology communities.
Departments within the ITS Division
- Office of the VP/CIO
- Business Operations and Administrative Services
- Systems Implementation & Consulting
- Infrastructure Services
- Academic Technology Services
- Enterprise Services
Office of the VP/CIO
Business Operations and Administrative Services
- Angela Grossnickle — Business Manager
Systems Implementation & Consulting
The Systems Implementation and Consulting unit within ITS is responsible for the development, implementation, and support of the Loyola’s business applications and databases.
- Database Management & Middleware, Charlotte Pullen—Manager
- Web Development & Content Management, Cheryl Heckel—Manager
- Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence, Tony Vavarutos—Manager
- Application Development & Systems Integration, Larry Adams—Manager
Dan Vonder Heide—Director
The Infrastructure Services unit within ITS is responsible for the planning, installation, maintenance, and support of Loyola’s networks, servers, and desktop computers across multiple campuses.
- Network Services, Dave Wieczorek—Manager
- Systems Maintenance & Administration, Jeff Apa—Manager
- Desktop Services, Steve Kim—Manager
The Academic Technology Services unit within ITS is responsible for the planning and implementation of technology support of Loyola’s academic and classroom and lab systems and for the support of the use of technology by students, faculty, and staff.
- Digital Media Services, Nick Liberatore—Manager
- Instructional Technology and Research Support, Tim Walker—Manager
- Help Desk, Alison Stillwell—Manager
The Enterprise Architecture and Project Management Office unit within ITS is responsible for the planning and process of Loyola’s business processes and projects as they relate to technology. The unit also is responsible for Loyola’s information security initiatives and operations.