What's New with Digital Media Services
This page will list news and updates from Digital Media Services, including our resources and services, multimedia lab locations, new equipment in the loan program, updated loan program policies, printing and more.
Beginning the Fall 2018 Semester, Digital Media Services will operate with the following service location updates at the Lakeshore Campus:
- Digital Media Lab & Production Studio - IC room 207. The Digital Media Lab workstations have moved across the 2nd floor (with scanners) and into IC 207. A majority of the room is now focused on new services we'll begin offering for faculty as it relates to video production services.
- Equipment Loan Room - IC room 203. This space affords closer proximity to the 2nd floor elevators, as well as more compact space for helping with the flow of traffic for our clients.
- Poster Printing pickup from IC 2nd floor Service Desk. We've moved our poster printer to a dedicated room (IC room 205, also used for internal training and client consultation), to afford for more immediate access and pickup from the 2nd floor service desk. The large format paper cutter will now be more accessible, located just beside the IC2 north photocopier/DMS service desk.
Digital Media Lab at LSC
The Digital Media Lab will now be located within Information Commons room 207 and accessible only 9am-5pm Monday through Friday with staff supervision. This room may be closed based on scheduling needs for the Production Studio that shares this space as well. iMac scanning workstations have been moved to the IC2 main floor near the north side. For any support questions related to scanning, visit the IC2 service desk.
PC Refresh Updates
The following multimedia lab locations have been refreshed with new computers:
- LSC: Information Commons main floors (1st, 2nd and 3rd floor) - now with all-in-one PCs allowing more desk space available
- WTC: School of Communications Mac labs have been updated with newer models
During the break periods, we always complete heavy-duty break cleaning. This encapsulates approximately 10-15 minutes per workstation with thorough cleaning to keyboards, mice, cables, towers, peripherals, printers and wipedown and cleaning of monitors, touchscreens and desktop surfaces. We also do a heavy review and cleaning to our laptops, tablets and equipment we circulate during our inventory review process.
Loan Program Circulation Limit Updates