Zoom Registration Benefits
This page highlights the benefits of Zoom's proprietary registration feature. If you're unsure whether or not to request registration, take a look to see what you might be missing out on.
The Registration Page and Custom Questions
When registration is enabled, you will be provided a link to your event's unique registration page. This is the link you will send to your prospective attendees. This page will always require the registrant to provide a first and last name and email address at a minimum. There are opportunities to customize this page, detailed below.
- Shortly after an attendee registers, they will receive an email from Zoom with a link to the event, removing any need to manually send or later re-send an invitation to those registered.
- Automatic reminder notifications are enabled so registrants receive a reminder 1 hour before the webinar start, encouraging greater attendance. Automatic reminders can also be added for 1 week before and 1 day before the event too, upon request.
- Additional fields can be added to the registration page affording greater insights and reporting for your audience. Some common fields added include:
- School or Organization (from a list you provide)
- University Role (ex: Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Student, Faculty, Staff, Parents, Alumni, etc).
- Academic Year (fill-in-the-blank)
- Questions for our Panelist (fill-in-the-blank)
Realtime Registration Notices, Reminders Encouraging Attendance
When an attendee registers for your event, an email will auto-generate which includes a digest of the attendee's provided information. We encourage configuring this to be sent to a shared, department mailbox for ease of review.
- Configure an Outlook Rule to route registration emails (based upon the Subject) to a specific folder, reducing clutter and notifications, and serving as a great way to see new registrants based upon unopened emails. You can mark all emails in the folder as Unread, to easily get a count of total registrations.
- You can review each email to collect any questions submitted in advance to your attendees if you choose to include such a custom question.
Registration Reports and Email Addresses
After your event is over, Digital Media Services provides several reports based on your event, including Attendance, Performance and Q&A. If registration is enabled in Zoom, we will also provide a Registration Report.
- Email addresses for each individual that registered, for ease of subsequent communications.
- Immediate ability to see those who registered and attended vs. those who registered and were absent. This can easily be used to send separate messaging (ex: "Thank you for attending" vs "We're sorry we missed you"). This can also be useful for attendance requirements, if it's required for a course assignment, degree requirement, etc.
- Notifying Attendees or Absentees by email with the link to the webinar recordings. DMS recommends uploading recordings to Panotpto, Loyola's video repository. This can enable you to further track viewing statistics, or even require login so you can track who is accessing the video and how much of the video they watched.