How does DocFinity work?
Below are some of the basic features of DocFinity. See how it can make your workflow faster, simpler, and more efficient.
Document Capture is the process of converting paper documents into digital files. Below are some of the different ways of capturing documents available in DocFinity:
- Scanning—Scanning creates an image of the scanned, paper document.
- File Uploads—Document Capture also includes the ability to upload electronic files. Below are some of the different modules available in DocFinity for capturing and saving electronic files:
- Send To DocFinity—Allows the indexing and saving of an electronic file into the DocFinity repository, keeping the file in its native format.
- Print To DocFinity—Allows the indexing and saving of an electronic file into the DocFinity repository from its native application when the DocFinity PDF Printer is selected. It converts the file into PDF and then saves it in DocFinity.
- My Uploads—Gives a user with appropriate access the ability to upload multiple files at once.
- Importers—Object Importer, Index Importer, and E-mail Importer can be used to automate the import of virtually any file type including e-mails.
Indexing is the process of categorizing captured documents and assigning appropriate values so that the information can be used later for efficient and quick retrieval of documents. Integration with existing business systems can be established in order to facilitate and automate indexing where possible for accuracy and productivity.
Searching is the process of finding documents using a pre-defined query. Enterprise Search that utilizes Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology can also be configured to allow retrieval of documents based on text matches.
BPM refers to the workflows that can be designed and implemented to automate and standardize business processes.
eForms (electronic forms) can be designed to facilitate efficient capturing and processing of business data. Each submitted form can be: 1) imported into DocFinity as an indexed record, 2) created in a PDF format, 3) configured to trigger a workflow upon submission, and 4) integrated into existing websites and portals.
Integration with existing business systems such as LOCUS can be implemented utilizing DocFinity Web Service application programming interface (API)s and/or simple URL API calls for seamless document capture and retrieval.
Versioning tracks any changes to the documents stored in DocFinity, allowing reversion to previous versions when needed.
Records Management tracks every process performed on every record stored in DocFinity. A retention program which includes automated backup and disposal schedules as well as legal hold can be configured. This ensures compliance, security, and accountability. DocFinity meets the requirements of government regulations such as HIPAA and FERPA.
For more information, visit http://www.docfinity.com/.