ITS Executive Steering Committee
The IT Executive Steering Committee (ITESC) was created to enable customers to have direct input into the prioritization and scheduling of IT initiatives. ITESC was launched in December of 2006 under the following premise:
- Industry best practice for governing IT resources & investment.
- Allows for technology alignment to the LUC mission & goals.
- Reported as recommendation by SMART LLC—Aug 2005—“Enhance and formalize IT Governance to improve communication and clarify discussion making authority between all MIS stakeholder groups.”
- Recommended by Deloitte and Touche LLP—October 2006—“We believe a steering committee is crucial in providing guidance and direction to the ITS department. The creation of a steering committee would place responsibility on this governing body to see that ITS’s short term, as well as long term, goals are established and implemented."
The ITESC is comprised of Senior Leadership across the University and meets approximately every 6–8 weeks.
|Academic Affairs||David Prasse|
|Administrative Services||Tom Kelly|
|Enrollment Management &
|Provost - Health Sciences Division||Margaret Callahan|
|Human Resources||Winifred Williams and Danielle Hanson|
|Provost - Lake Shore Campus||John Pelissero|
|Student Development||Jane Neufeld|
*Additional guest attendees will be invited to the ITESC meetings based on the specific agenda topics.
The Information Technology Executive Steering Committee (ITESC) leads a set of processes for IT governance and investment prioritization for Loyola University Chicago. These processes should be timely, transparent, and clearly aligned with the university's goals and strategies.
- Creating a subcommittee support structure that represents the functional and technology interests of the institution.
- Reviewing and affirming the prioritization recommendations of the ITESC Subcommittees to ensure the alignment of IT systems and services with the overall mission of the University.
- Evaluating proposals that do not fit within the scope of the functional and technology subcommittees.
- Implementing processes that are consistent with best practices within higher education and operational excellence framework.
- Reviewing and understanding the financial context for IT, forwarding recommendations for project funding levels to the Budget Review Team in an effort to optimize investments in technology.
- Tracking initiative progress throughout their lifecycle, and reporting on whether the stated benefits are realized.
- Working with the CIO of Information Technology Services to communicate the status of IT initiatives to the University community.
The ITESC Subcommittees allow for senior level staff members within Loyola to provide recommendations regarding technology needs, value and corresponding business priority.
ITESC Prioritization Process
Twice annually the IT Executive Steering Committee (ITESC) will execute a prioritization of the ITS project portfolio at Loyola. The results of the prioritization are input into the creation of the 6 month Plan of Record for ITS.
|December 12, 2017|
|September 20, 2017||Agenda||Documents|
|June 15, 2017||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|May 4, 2017||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|January 26, 2017||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|December 13, 2016||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|October 13, 2016||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|June 23, 2016||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|May 18, 2016||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|March 29, 2016||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|December 15, 2015||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|September 28, 2015||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|July 1, 2015||Agenda||Minutes|||
|May 14, 2015||Agenda||Minutes|||
|January 29, 2015||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|December 11, 2014||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|October 9, 2014||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|August 12, 2014||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|June 11, 2014||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|January 31, 2014||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|December 12, 2013||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|October 24, 2013||Agenda||||Documents|
|September 24, 2013||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|July 25, 2013||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|June 20, 2013||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|April 25, 2013||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|March 7, 2013||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|December 11, 2012||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|September 13, 2012||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|July 26, 2012||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|June 7, 2012||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|April 25, 2012||||Minutes||Documents|
|March 8, 2012||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|January 26, 2012||Agenda|||||
|November 10, 2011||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|September 22, 2011||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|May 26, 2011||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|
|April 7, 2011||Agenda|||||
|February 17, 2011||||Minutes||Documents|
|January 5, 2011||Agenda||Minutes||Documents|