This page includes instructions on how to create accessible instructional content in Panopto. For more information on creating accessible online courses, visit the Accessibility Guidelines main page.
The speech-to-text generator in Panopto can be used to create a transcript of your audio files. Each of the following steps includes a link to more detailed instructions:
- Upload an audio file to Panopto.
- Use the speech-to-text generator in Panopto to create a caption file for your audio.
- Download the caption file from Panopto.
- Format the transcript. Panopto automatically includes time stamps with the transcript. However, with audio-only files, time stamps are unnecessary, may distract students, and should be removed from the transcript file.
- Upload the transcript to Sakai so students can download it and follow along as they listen to the audio.
The following steps outline how to create captions in Panopto using the Panopto editor. The speech-to-text generator will provide captions that are approximately 70% accurate. Then the captions can be edited for accuracy. Each step is linked to more in-depth instructions.