Sakai 20 Upgrade
Loyola is upgrading to Sakai 20 on Monday, December 21, 2020. The system will be unavailable from 7:00am-12:00pm CST. Faculty and students are not required to make any changes. This latest software release provides your Sakai experience with a clean and contemporary user interface, along with new features and functionality. These include a new Rubrics tool, as well as enhancements to Assignments, Gradebook, Tests & Quizzes, and the Rich Text Editor. For full details, please access the Sakai 20 Release Notes.
- Clean and contemporary user interface, including a "To the top" button to jump up to the top of the page
- New Rubrics tool
- Updated Site Info with a new Date Manger and Auto-Groups Wizard
- Revamped Assignments with a document preview and progress bar in Grader, as well as improvements for selecting groups and sections
- Simplified Tests & Quizzes with the ability to restore deleted assessments, flag questions as extra credit, and schedule student feedback with a start and end date
- Gradebook enhancements, such as equally weighted items within a weighted category, full screen mode, resizeable columns, a Sections column, and the ability to use Messages directly from the Gradebook
- Improved Statistics functionality, including a User Activity tab that provides detailed student data to the instructor, and students a view of their own activity
- New Rich Text Editor available throughout Sakai
- Student name pronunciation feature
- And more!
ITRS will be hosting a series of live webinars introducing faculty and students to Sakai 20. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each information session has a unique link.
What's New in Sakai 20? (Faculty)
Wednesday, November 18th, 10:00-11:00am CST
Event has ended
Thursday, December 10th, 2:00-3:00pm CST
Thursday, January 7th, 11:00am-12:00pm CST
What's New in Sakai 20? (Students)
Tuesday, January 12th, 1:00-2:00pm CST
ITRS will be hosting a pair of online Q&A forums. Please bring your Sakai 20 questions for our experts to answer. The schedule is listed below and registration is not required. Simply click on the link to join the Q&A forum.
Friday, November 13th, 11:00am-12:00pm CST
Event has ended
Friday, December 4th, 11:00am-12:00pm CST
Join the Q&A Forum
Individual support for Sakai 20 is readily available. ITRS offers online drop-in support Monday through Thursday. No appointment is necessary. For an updated list of times and to access the Zoom link, please visit ITRS Drop-in. Online consultations are also offered by appointment. Please send an email to ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or call 773-508-4487. An ITS Service Desk representative will open a ticket for you, and ITRS will respond confirming your appointment date and time.