Sakai 20 Upgrade
Loyola is upgrading to Sakai 20 on Monday, December 21, 2020. The system will be unavailable from 7:00am-12:00pm CST. Faculty and students are not required to make any changes. This latest software release provides your Sakai experience with a clean and contemporary user interface, along with new features and functionality. These include a new Rubrics tool, as well as enhancements to Assignments, Gradebook, Tests & Quizzes, and the Rich Text Editor. For full details, please access the Sakai 20 Release Notes.
- Clean and contemporary user interface, including a "To the top" button to jump up to the top of the page
- New Rubrics tool
- Updated Site Info with a new Date Manger and Auto-Groups Wizard
- Revamped Assignments with a document preview and progress bar in Grader, as well as improvements for selecting groups and sections
- Simplified Tests & Quizzes with the ability to restore deleted assessments, flag questions as extra credit, and schedule student feedback with a start and end date
- Gradebook enhancements, such as equally weighted items within a weighted category, full screen mode, resizeable columns, a Sections column, and the ability to use Messages directly from the Gradebook
- Improved Statistics functionality, including a User Activity tab that provides detailed student data to the instructor, and students a view of their own activity
- New Rich Text Editor available throughout Sakai
- Student name pronunciation feature
- And more!
ITRS will be hosting a series of live webinars introducing faculty and students to Sakai 20. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each information session has a unique link.
What's New in Sakai 20? (Faculty)
Wednesday, November 18th, 10:00-11:00am CST
Thursday, December 10th, 2:00-3:00pm CST
Thursday, January 7th, 11:00am-12:00pm CST
What's New in Sakai 20? (Students)
Tuesday, January 12th, 1:00-2:00pm CST
ITRS will be hosting a pair of online Q&A forums. Please bring your Sakai 20 questions for our experts to answer. The schedule is listed below and registration is not required. Simply click on the link to join the Q&A forum.
Friday, November 13th, 11:00am-12:00pm CST
Event has ended
Friday, December 4th, 11:00am-12:00pm CST
Event has ended
Individual support for Sakai 20 is readily available. ITRS offers online drop-in support Monday through Thursday. No appointment is necessary. For an updated list of times and to access the Zoom link, please visit Instructional Technologies. Online consultations are also offered by appointment. Please send an email to ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or call 773-508-4487. An ITS Service Desk representative will open a ticket for you, and ITRS will respond confirming your appointment date and time.