Sakai 21 Upgrade
Loyola completed an upgrade to Sakai 21 on Tuesday, December 21, 2021. Faculty and students are not required to make any changes. This latest software release provides you with a new Dark Mode setting and Certification tool, improvements to Lessons and Gradebook, a searchable Rubrics, and more. For further details, watch the Sakai 21 Promotional Video or access the full Sakai 21 Release Notes.
- New optional Dark Mode display setting
- New Certification tool
- Improvements to Lessons:
- Revamped Add/Edit content dialog
- New Add Layout template options
- Improved Reorder and Date release indicators
- More color and formatting options for headings, buttons and borders
- Message students from the Gradebook
- Searchable Rubrics with weighted criteria
- Forums renamed as Discussions
- And more!
ITRS will be hosting a series of live webinars introducing faculty and students to Sakai 21. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each information session has a unique link.
What's New in Sakai 21? (Faculty)
Wednesday, November 17th, 10:00-10:30am CST
Thursday, December 9th, 2:00-2:30pm CST
Thursday, January 6th, 11:00-11:30am CST
What's New in Sakai 21? (Students)
Tuesday, January 11th, 1:00-1:30pm CST
Instructors who anticipate needing access to submissions made to the Sakai Assignments or Tests & Quizzes tools or to their Sakai Gradebooks during the upgrade window in order to transfer final grades from Sakai to LOCUS may export assessment submissions and their Gradebooks for offline use. Please reference the following instructions:
- Exporting the Sakai Gradebook: written and video instructions
- Downloading Assignments for offline grading: written and video instructions
- Downloading Tests & Quizzes for offline grading: written and video instructions
ITRS offers individual consultations on Sakai 21 and other instructional technologies Monday through Friday. An appointment is required. To schedule a specific date and time, please visit the ITRS Consultations booking page. You will receive a Zoom meeting invitation upon scheduling.