ITS is currently in the process of migrating from Box. Additional information can be found on the OneDrive Migration Project webpage.
What is OneDrive for Business?
OneDrive for Business is an integral part of Office 365 and provides place in the cloud where you can store, share, and sync your work files. You can update and share your files from any device with OneDrive for Business. You can even work on Office documents with others at the same time.
Microsoft OneDrive for Business has been recognized as a cloud storage leader, delivering workplace productivity, file sharing, and content management capabilities which are increasingly powered by cognitive content services. Several benefits for Loyola are highlighted below:
- Storage Capacity – All users are allocated 5 TB of storage in OneDrive for Business.
- Sharing - All files that you store in OneDrive for Business are private unless you decide to share them. However, you can share files and folders with specified co-workers so you can collaborate on projects. With OneDrive for Business, you can also share files / folders with individuals outside Loyola.
- Real-Time Collaboration – OneDrive for Business supports real-time collaboration. Multiple people can edit documents at the same time, eliminating the need for emailing documents or saving additional versions on network drives.
- Windows 10 Integration - The OneDrive for Business client is included, no need to download additional software to synchronize files/folders.
- Office 365 Integration - OneDrive for Business is already included for all students in Office 365 and is integrated into the email web client.
- Security - OneDrive for Business deploys BitLocker with AES 256-bit encryption on servers and encrypts all traffic. OneDrive for Business is both HIPAA and FERPA compliant, it also meets FedRAMP, FISMA, and EU Model Clauses. Additional information regarding compliance and security can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53884.
When to Use OneDrive for Business
Everthing in OneDrive for Business is private by default. All content is tied to your account and you are in control. Below are common use cases for OneDrive for Business:
Accessing OneDrive for Business
To access OneDrive for Business, login through https://portal.office.com. When prompted, enter your Loyola email address and you will be redirected to enter in your Loyola UVID credentials. Once logged in, you will have access to all resources assigned in Office 365, including OneDrive for Business.
Additional information and help topics for OneDrive for Business are available on Microsoft's Office 365 website:
- Getting Started with OneDrive for Business - Learn the basics of OneDrive for Business.
- Quick Start Guide - How to quickly get up an running with OneDrive for Business.
- Sharing Files and Folders - Additional information and best practices for sharing files and folders.
- OneDrive for Business Help - General help topics for OneDrive for Business.
Loyola specific guides for using OneDrive for Business, including various sync clients, can be downloaded from the following:
- Using Office 365 Groups - Information on using Office 365 Groups for shared cloud storage of files / folders.
- OneDriveforBusiness - Additional information for accessing your personal OneDrive for Business account on computers/tablets/mobile devices.
- OneDrive for Business - Office 365 Groups - Additional information for accessing shared OneDrive for Business - Office 365 Groups accounts on computers/tablets/mobile devices.