WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for the fall semester. Please see the requirements for employment.
We will be hiring and train in two cohort groups, the first to start training after the spring 2021 semester ends and the second group to start after the July 4th holiday.
While we are currently working remotely, the first few weeks of training will be on-campus. You will need to be available to attend training on the Lake Shore campus. Employment through the summer is expected to remain as remote support. The University is working on a plan to return to campus, which includes the ITS Service Desk.
Thank you for your interest in working at the ITS Service Desk. The ITS Service Desk provides the Loyola community with a single point of contact for technology support. We are committed to providing both professional and timely service in logging support requests. Additionally, we strive to resolve requests initially or refer them to correct support areas within the Information Technology Services division. Lastly, we continuously improve our services by educating our staff, measuring performance and monitoring customer satisfaction.
Student employees provide support to our client's while working at the ITS Serivce Desk.
Position: ITS Service Desk Technician:
Location: Granada Center at the Lake Shore Campus
Days/Hours: 19.5 hours per week maximum during regular academic semesters, flexible times based upon course load. 37.5 hours per week during J-Term and Summer
Federal Work Study: FWS and non-FWS accepted for this on-campus student worker
Job Position: Service Desk Technician at Information Technology Services
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Supervisors: Service Desk Full-time Staff
The Service Desk position supports a variety of technology issues, policies, and questions coming from the University community. This position entails identifying, researching, and supplying appropriate answers to people’s concerns. The student technician will attend to incoming requests for assistance over several channels (telephone, email, and website submissions), and use a ticketing system to communicate, document, and track the concerns of our customers with a focus on continually improving customer service. Technicians may also be assigned temporary projects or tasks by the Service Desk’s full-time staff.
The on-campus student worker must be motivated to learn widely and to help others. Communication skills – both verbal and written – should be a major strength, as the technician will communicate with many parts of the University community. The position is long-term with an average minimum duration of one year. Workers received extensive training time in addition to consistent personal and professional development.
The following are desired qualifications and performance expectations for this student employee position:
- Previous community / customer service experience appreciated.
- Guiding people over the phone with patience through complex or unfamiliar situations.
- Documenting with clarity the investigation, research, and results of work.
- Composing professional, informative email communication about complex or unfamiliar situations.
- Applicant should enjoy solving problems as part of personal and professional growth. They should be open to researching a variety of sources to find the best answer to a customer’s needs.
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of devices: PCs, mobile phones, entertainment / gaming devices, and printers.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Word) and Windows environments.
- Experience with using the Internet to conduct research and find answers to basic technology problems.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems, specifically regarding a willingness to work with a wide-range of applications and devices.
- Working knowledge of Outlook Web Access (outlook.luc.edu) and the O365 suite of applications (portal.office.com).
- Actively enrolled undergraduate student at Loyola University Chicago.
- Ability to read, speak, and write college-level English.
- Ability to manage their own time in respect of themselves and others.
- Federal Work Study is not a requirement for this student worker position. Everyone who meets the listed qualifications is encouraged to apply.
- May not hold another paid on-campus position while working for the Service Desk.
Email cover letter and resume to:
ITS Service Desk Manager