MFA Getting Started
1. Select your preferred options
Use the MFA preferences page to select between a push notification or verification code via the Microsoft Authenticator app, a phone call to a landline or mobile phone, or a text message to a text-capable mobile phone. We highly recommend that you select either the push notification or the verification code option via the Microsoft Authenticator app. We also recommend that you define more than one option to enable the "Sign in another way" feature in case your device is lost, stolen, or replaced. Users that do not set up a second option will require a call to the service desk if replacing one's device.
Selecting the Microsoft Authenticator App
- First, download the free Microsoft Authenticator app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Using the MFA preferences page on your computer screen, follow the instructions to generate a scannable QR code. Use the Microsoft Authenticator app to scan this code, which will add your Loyola University Chicago account to the app.
- Accept the push notification in the Microsoft Authenticator app or enter the code displayed to proceed.
Selecting the Text message or Phone call
- If you would like to receive your authentication code by text message or phone call, verify that you have correctly entered your phone number.
- Once verified, select "Text code to my authentication phone" or "Call my authentication phone" as your preferred option.
- You may be asked to input a texted code or answer a phone call to complete the change.
If you need to make changes to your MFA preferences in the future (e.g. add/change preferred options, add/remove a phone number or device), simply return to the MFA preferences page.