First Time Setup
This guide is for new users at Loyola, such as Students, Faculty, and Staff who have not reset their password and setup their second factor of authentication.
NOTE: DO NOT skip the setup of second factor as doing so will not allow you access to various resources.
1) Navigate to https://portal.office.com
2) Enter your Loyola University UVID followed by @luc.edu. Example below for an account with the UVID of ssprtester2.
3) On the next screen enter your UVID and Default Password
Your password follows this format: flmmddyy
- f=first initial of you legal first name (must be lower case)
- l-first initial of your legal last name (must be lower case)
- mm = 2 digits for the month of birth (must be 2 digits, may include a preceding zero)
- dd = 2 digits for the day of birth (must be 2 digits, may include a preceding zero)
- yy = last 2 digits of year of birth
4) Create a new password – follow the rules making sure your password is:
- At least 8 characters in length, but no more than 20
- At least 1 uppercase character
- 2 of the following:
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 symbol
- Password cannot be one of your last 10 recently used passwords
5) You’ll be presented a “More information is required screen” Select Next
6) You will be asked to select your second factor for authentication. DO NOT SKIP. Skipping this step will not allow you acccess to various resources. You can use the Microsoft Authenticator App or your Phone (Call or Text Message)
Microsoft Authenticator App:
If you select the authenticator app as your second form of authentication, follow the prompts on your screen in your app. Select “Add an account” followed by “Work or School“.
Line up the box on your phone's screen with the QR code as seen below and select ‘Next’
A notification will be sent to your phone. Select ‘Approve’
Phone (Call / Text Message):
Select the “I want to setup a different method” option. From the drop down menu select ‘Phone’.
Enter your phone number of choice and the method in which you would like to verify your account (call or text)
Enter the code that you receive via the notification method you specified and Select ‘Next’
If you see the green check mark, you have successfully registered that authentication method. Select ‘Next’
7) Next logout by clicking on the top right ICON and selecting "Sign out".
8) You are all set. Students will now be able to login to LOCUS and Staff/Faculty will be able to access Loyola resources.
Have an issue or concern?