Password Management Services
Managing passwords can be difficult, but a secure password manager can help you be more efficient by generating, remembering, organizing, and filling in your passwords. Loyola University Chicago has partnered with LastPass to provide students, faculty, and staff with the benefits of LastPass. One master password is all you will have to remember to access all of your accounts. All students, faculty, and staff now have access to this new service and can sign-up for a LastPass Premium account (links to instructions are below). Once you are setup with LastPass you can configure it for your use.
Why should I use LastPass?
- No more password problems. Everyone knows you should use strong passwords and not reuse them, but with so many accounts how do you keep track? Security professionals recommend using a password manager to create, store, and manage strong, unique passwords for all your accounts. LastPass Premium is available to students, faculty and staff free of charge.
- Remember one password. With LastPass, you use one strong “master” password to protect the passwords of all your other accounts. Use LastPass' password generator to create long, complex passwords for your accounts. You don’t have to remember them all, just remember your master password, and let LastPass remember the rest.
- Store passwords in one location.
- You can access LastPass from the University, from home, or through the LastPass app.
- Keep passwords safe and secure. LastPass uses strong encryption to make sure that the only way to access your passwords is to use the master password. No one, including Loyola or LastPass can access your passwords.
What do I need to do to use LastPass?
- Getting Started: Students, Faculty and Staff - Navigate here to create a personal Premium account. For detailed instructions on how to sign up for a personal Premium account, click here.