Loyola Aware is Loyola’s information security awareness program designed for all faculty and staff. The purpose of the program is to increase security awareness by providing short video snippets that bring to light specific topics in information security. By increasing awareness, the program allows everyone to recognize IT security concerns and respond accordingly.
Beginning in October 2015, ITS has released a series of training modules that are distributed by the University Information Security Office and can be accessed online. Each module contains a brief video followed by five assessment questions. The idea is to reinforce the video content by asking questions to let the participant self-assess their understanding about each topic. The modules contain a variety of topics including social engineering, email, messaging, web browsing, and many others.
Loyola Aware is now hosted on a new platform. New and updated training modules are available for all faculty and staff.
To Access Loyola Aware:
- Navigate to https://access.sans.org/go/loyolauniversitychicago and log in using your UVID and password.
- All current LUC employees should already be enrolled in Loyola Aware. If you have any trouble logging into the site, please contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 773-508-4487.
- There should be two sections on the home page: "Required Training" and "Recommended Training". Training modules are assigned based on your role at Loyola. Required Training modules are mandatory to complete, and normally have a due date. Recommended Training modules are not mandatory, but are strongly recommended.
- All modules require a minimum score of 60% to pass. There is no limit on the number of times you may take an assessment, and you can click on the Gradebook to check your scores and get immediate feedback.
- After completing all training that was assigned to you, you will be issued with a certificate.
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 773-508-4487.