Loyola University > School of Law > Academics > Academic Support & Advising
Academic Support & Advising
Your success is important to us.
We know you'll face challenges in making the best decisions for your legal studies. So we're here to help guide you all the way through graduation and beyond.
It's more than choosing classes. We'll help you identify your strengths and encourage you to get involved in the Loyola community through:
- JD first-year dinners with our faculty and alumni
- Office hours with faculty
- Tutors for JD first year courses
- Mentorship and networking opportunities
- Study abroad
- Moot court, mock trial, and dispute resolution competition teams
- Student-run journals
From student to lawyer and beyond, Loyola University Chicago School of Law is committed to the academic success of each student.
- Individually structured tutoring programs
- Office hours with faculty
- Practice midterm exams
- Legal writing programs
Law school demands planning. Each year of study includes course requirements you'll need for graduation. Your schedule will need to balance the must-haves with your chosen electives. And it's much more than a get-acquainted meeting. Our relationship with you will extend throughout your years at Loyola and well beyond.
JD curriculum options and graduation requirements can be discussed with:
- Mahdis Azimi
- Lindsey Johnson
- Radhika Sutherland
- Kirk Walter (Weekend JD students)
You may also seek curriculum counseling advice from members of the faculty or the department of your choice.
MJ Program and LLM Program
MJ and LLM curriculum options and graduation requirements can be discussed with:
- Insa Blanke (LLM for International Lawyers)
- Catherine Birmingham (MJ in Children's Law and Policy)
- Samuel Brunson (Tax Law LLM)
- LawOnlineAdvising@luc.edu (Business Law LLM Online, Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management MJ, Health Law LLM Online, Health Law MJ, Privacy certificate)
- Kristin Finn (Health Law LLM On-campus)
- Gina Gerardi (Trial Advocacy, Appellate Advocacy, and Alternative Dispute Resolution LLM)
- Miranda Johnson (School Discipline Reform certificate)
- Karen A. Shaw (Business Law LLM On-campus and general information about all LLM programs)
You can review curriculum requirements, good standing requirements, and other policies via the Office of the Registrar.
Bar Exam Success
We offer a specially-designed class—included in your tuition—to assist in preparation for your bar exam. And there are additional resources:
We also offer support through:
- Multiple bar support courses that students may take for credit.
- Alumni support for those taking the bar exam through one-on-one and small group programs.
- Diagnostic bar exam at the end of your first year.