Loyola University Chicago School of Law is pleased to provide an opportunity for alumni to apply for admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States. Our next group admission ceremony will take place Spring 2022. Alumni who have been practicing members of the highest court of a U.S. state for a minimum period of three years (immediately before the date of application) and have not been the subject of any adverse disciplinary action pronounced or in effect during that 3-year period, and appear to the Court to be of good moral and professional character, are eligible to apply.
Completed applications will be accepted from the first 12 alumni who submit the Form of Intent through September 1, 2021. After that date, materials will be accepted from alumni on the waiting list.
Your space is officially reserved when you have received a confirmation email from the Alumni Relations Office upon receipt of all materials. A completed application includes the Bar Application, Endorsements, Certificate of Good Standing, and a check made out to the Supreme Court of the United States for $200 (postdated for the day of admission 2022).
Each participant may bring one guest into the Supreme Court to witness the swearing-in. There are no exceptions to this rule. Children under the age of 6 are not admitted into the courtroom for the ceremony.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Form of Intent to reserve your place as one of the 12 alumni participating in the ceremony. A wait list will be taken once the reservations meet capacity.
2. Complete the Bar Application and receive signatures of two sponsors endorsing the correctness of the applicant's statement, stating that the applicant is of good moral and professional character. Sponsors must each be a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court whom you personally know, but are not related to. Please note, both signatures must be originals, copies/scans of signatures are not accepted by the Admissions Office and will be returned for re-submission.
For assistance in identifying sponsors, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com.
3. Obtain a certificate from the clerk, presiding judge, or other authorized official of the highest Court of a State, Commonwealth, Territory or Possession, or the District of Columbia evidencing the fact that you have been a member in good standing of the Bar of such for at least three years. Bar certificates are not accepted.
If you are admitted to practice in the State of Illinois, please call (217) 782-2035 to obtain a certificate of good standing.
4. Include a check with the date of admission, (TBA) 2022, in the amount of $200 payable to the "Supreme Court of the United States."
5. Submit all materials together by Friday, November 1, 2021 to:
Office of Alumni Relations and Development
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Philip H. Corboy Law Center
25 E. Pearson St., Suite 1220
Chicago, IL 60611
Questions? If you have questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org