General Job Search Resources
All job postings received by the Office of Career Services are added to this website. For access to PEARSON, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal Job Search Websites
A list of links to outside websites that post legal jobs.
- Application Materials & Interviewing Advice
Handouts on topics such as resumes, cover letters and interviewing techniques.
- Resources for: Law Firms, Public Interest Organizations, & Government Agencies
Resources for students/alumni interested in jobs working in a specific practice setting.
- Practice Areas
Information and resources for some of the most popular legal practice areas.
- Major Job Application Deadlines
A collection of annual application deadlines listed on a month-by-month basis.
- Local & National Job Fairs
A list of various job fairs held throughout the year both in Chicago and across the country.
- Out-of-State Job Search Resources
Looking for a job outside of Illinois? Use these resources to jump-start your search!
Reciprocity allows you to access the Career Services Office at another ABA accredited law school.
- Alternative Careers
Resources for those considering a nontraditional legal job.
- Bar Associations & Legal Organizations
A listing of local & national bar associations and legal organizations. Joining one or more of these organizations is a great way to network in your field!
- Contract Agencies, Recruiters/Headhunters & Legal Career Counselors
A list of links to the websites of contract agencies, legal recruiters, headhunters, and legal career counselors both in Illinois and nationwide.
- NALP Guidelines for the Timing of Offers
Timing guidelines for accepting job offers from NALP law firms.